looking for some help

smokin5s

I need an extra set of hands. I'm replacing the brake lines and fuel lines on my truck. I had a buddy helping me who I was paying and the guy just tore things up every time I turned my head and ended up costing me way more than the truck is even worth. At this point, I just need to finish getting the fuel and brake lines run, and get the gas tank and intake manifold put back in. Is anyone interested coming up to Marengo and helping me get this truck back together? PM me. This is in a Chevy Avalanche.

pulling the intake manifold off made it easy to get to that bolt. the problem is, I cracked a rib so it's hard for me to lay on the top of the engine to reach most of that and like I said that guy tears shit up so I'd prefer for him to not come back. I would agree running that line behind the motor is tough. We cut and flared that 90 degree bend and I bought some fuel hose to join it in hopes that it would make it easier but it doesn't seem to make much difference. We also had to drop the tank as the pump had rusted out at the pipe and he destroyed the plastic lines. lifting that tank with a cracked rib isn't an easy task. It might just have to sit for a bit if I'm not able to get help. Living in the country has a ton of perks, this unfortunately is not one of them.

This weekend and next I am busy. After that I may be able to make it out there to help. If you still need help by then then just pm me.

cool, thanks. I don't think I'm doing anything with it this weekend. I need to take it easy as I'm in a ton of pain and want to at least get to the point where I can raise my arm to shoulder level. Plus it's my birthday weekend so we're going to have some family over and do a cookout and stuff

ya, all the rusted bolts are all out now so hopefully it's on the up swing at this point. I will say that that every time I get under it, I get showered with more rust, I don't know where it can all come from at this point. Where are you at now?

ok, so you're still where you were last time I was out at your house? I thought you guys were talking about moving but I might be mixing people up. Yes, I pulled the front drive shaft and the intake manifold trying to make more room.