Hagerty - articles

zeitgeist57

I've been a fan of Jack Baruth and Freddy "Tavarish" Hernandez since they were writing/blogging for other automotive sites. Recently realized that they were both writing articles for Hagerty, along with some other good contributors. If you guys like car content, might want to click through their articles.

I like YouTubers, but I'm not watching clickbait, 20-minute drawn out commercials for product placement (Hoonigan) or dragging a 3-minute repair out for half an hour (MightyCarMods). Nice to see Tavarish's project in an article that gives me a chuckle and I can cut quicker than watching YT in the evenings.

Sidebar: anyone else experiencing a sort of "content overload"? Aside from researching repairs, there's a lot of good auto content on YT but it is tough to follow more than a dozen or more channels throughout the week, with all the clickbait stuff they need to do to stay relevant or get paid...

I've shared your frustration with Youtube for a while now. I pay for the motor trend subscription thing, and have so far been happy with it.

I've definitely seen what were good channels get watered down into "keeping the lights on" crap only sprinkled with intermittent quality content.

Barn Find Hunter on the Hagerty channel is one of my favorites on YT. Which is odd because I can't stand Junkyard Gold on MTOD. I think its the host that make the difference, and the stories on BFH hunter that you dont get with JG.

I find as the different channels grow I like their content less and less. I even feel that way with my favorites like Roadkill. I then search out smaller guys like vice grip garage to find more realistic content versus the 25min commercials as you say.

Barn Find Hunter on the Hagerty channel is one of my favorites on YT. Which is odd because I can't stand Junkyard Gold on MTOD. I think its the host that make the difference, and the stories on BFH hunter that you dont get with JG.

I find as the different channels grow I like their content less and less. I even feel that way with my favorites like Roadkill. I then search out smaller guys like vice grip garage to find more realistic content versus the 25min commercials as you say.

Have you read any of Tom Cotter’s books? I’d have a beer with that guy any day, him and Rob Siegel are my automotive hero’s right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you read any of Tom Cotter’s books? I’d have a beer with that guy any day, him and Rob Siegel are my automotive hero’s right now.

I haven't. I have a hard time concentrating while reading. But thanks for the tip. I don't know much of his backstory.

Cobra in the barn is a book of short stories of barn finds. Super easy reading.

https://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Barn-Stories-Automotive-Archaeology/dp/076033661X/ref=nodl_

Rob Siegel writes articles for bmwcca and while his book is more of a committed read it brings meaning to the craziness that possesses car guys who wrench hopelessly on their cars. As a bmw guy myself, it has kind of become my bible for balancing life, family, and cars.

Memoirs of a Hack Mechanic https://www.amazon.com/dp/0837617200/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_itc.CbPF20V4K