Please join me in supporting the 2019 Rally North America Event

Doc1647545523

The members and sponsors of Columbus Racing have been great at supporting CR teams in every Rally North America event since the beginning in 2010, when the three rookie CR teams took three of the top four awards in the Route 66 Rally. Since that time, Rally North America has raised over $1,000,000 for selected charities, supporting veterans' groups, children with terminal diseases, and medical research. Not bad for an all-volunteer organization formed by CR's own Scott Spielman (Spieldawg on CR).

In 3 weeks, the RNA's New England Rally II kicks off

This summer’s rally travels through the states of Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, and Maine over three days. Starting in Erie, PA and ending on the Atlantic Ocean in Old Orchard Beach Maine with a special trip to Camp Sunshine, this year's charity. Rally drivers will participate in lapping sessions at Watkins Glen International Raceway

WatkinsGlen-aerialview_1_zpsayyet1at.jpg

as well as 1/4 mile drag racing at New England Dragway

new%20england_zpsfq5uiuox.jpg

I'll be driving the Rally with the assistance of my great nephew as navigator. We're in car #1, Team Mercedes in my 2018 AMG GTc. With the assistance of Carlyle Racing and a RennTech Stage 1 reflash it's around 660 crank hp and 614 lb-ft of torque on pump gas.

team%20page%20photo_zpszm8fptjr.jpg

Our charity this year is Camp Sunshine. It is my personal goal to raise $5000, enough to sponsor two children with a life-threatening illness and their families during one of the week-long respites offered at the year-round Camp in Casco, Maine. 100% of your donation will go to Camp Sunshine (my team pays for its registration and expenses during the Rally).

Any amount you donate will make a difference--even $10 helps enhance the quality of life for these children. Also, you will be emailed a receipt of the donation for your taxes. Rest assured that your money provides maximum benefit to those in need. Charity Navigator gives Camp Sunshine a 4 star rating with scores of 94% in Financial and 100% in Accountability and Transparency.

85 teams plan to compete this year and again this year, our exploits will be made into a six-part documentary to be aired in the Spring of 2020 on MAVTV.

I would really appreciate your support for this Rally. I pay all entry fees, gas, food, and lodging expenses. In contrast, your donation in support of Team Mercedes goes directly to Camp Sunshine, and you receive a letter verifying your donation for tax purposes as they are a 501 © 3 non-profit organization. Even ten dollars will make a difference in the lives of those whose loved ones are lost while serving their communities.

Please click on this link and click on the green DONATE NOW button at the right side of the page.

http://events.campsunshine.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1045188&pg=personal&fr_id=1420

Thanks for your friendship and support!

Edited by Doc

You know we'll be on board as always Doc, out there doing what you do is an inspiration for all of us who can't/don't make it to these events. Another great cause to get behind this year, safe travels on the road through some gorgeous parts of New England!

Many thanks, Jim Rose (clone), for your ongoing support of the Rally North America charities with your generous donations, year after year. I'm fortunate to have the friendship and support of such a greathearted guy as you. :thumbup:

Your donation takes me up to $1475 towards my personal goal of $5000, enough to sponsor two families for a week at Camp Sunshine with their children who have life-threatening illnesses.

If you don't know about Camp Sunshine, here's a short video of what it's about:

Nick (FijiST), thank you for your generous donation to Camp Sunshine. Less than two weeks to go!

No problem. I figured since you wouldn't let me give you anything for the helmet I got from you, this was a good way to meet in the middle. Have fun!

Much appreciation to Jordan (2highpsi) of Jet Auto Group, one of CR's top sponsors, for the generous donation to Camp Sunshine. You've moved me up to 33% of my personal goal of $5,000. Overall, the Rally teams so far have raised $92,000 or 73% of our goal for this event.

We still have a little over a week of fundraising work before packing the jalopy and heading off for the Rally.

Thanks again, Jordan. You're the best! :D

Heart-felt thanks to Richard Lucore of Lucore Automotive for the generous donation arranged by Austin (99StockGT). These guys take care of your car as if it were their own. Lucore has donated regularly to the Rally North America charities and are CR sponsors.

Today's donations took Rally North America over its goal of $125,000 for Camp Sunshine and put me closer to my Team goal of $5,000.

:thumbup:

FARKAS, ol' pal, I can always count on you not to let me down. :)

Your large donation to Camp Sunshine is much appreciated.

We go back a bit ....

cherokeeinn.jpg

(the three winning teams in 2010 Rally North America, all from Columbus Racing BTW)

Brian (Franchi), many thanks for your donation in support of Team Mercedes's efforts to raise $5,000 for Camp Sunshine. It's much appreciated.

It just occurred to me that you own a vehicle that competed in the 2015 Rally North America!

hood_zpsihwiamj3.jpg

I hope you get as much pleasure driving it now as I did.

Hats off to Bryce, Hannah, and the whole crew at Wheel Medic for their generous donation.

Not only has Wheel Medic been a CR sponsor since I can remember and a Rally North America sponsor from the beginning, but they also have done an exemplary job making sure my cars are ready for the track, the rallies, even an Arctic journey. I continue to recommend them for wheel and tire work of all sorts. I am privileged to call them friends. :)

Your donation has brought the total for this event to $142,000 :eek: and Team Mercedes up to $4,650. That $5,000 goal is within striking distance now.

Many thanks!

Brian (Franchi), many thanks for your donation in support of Team Mercedes's efforts to raise $5,000 for Camp Sunshine. It's much appreciated.

It just occurred to me that you own a vehicle that competed in the 2015 Rally North America!

hood_zpsihwiamj3.jpg

I hope you get as much pleasure driving it now as I did.

Ha, that didn't even occur to me. And yes, still very much highly enjoying it. Just got back from Tail of the Dragon with it couple weeks ago with Nick Boyd, attended a Slingshots in the Smokies three day event and drove it down and back. It ran flawlessly the whole time.

Thank you Chris (10phone2) and Randy (Otis Nice) for your generous donations to Camp Sunshine. I'm late in thanking you because I've been on the Rally for the last week and am just arriving home today.

It was great seeing some of the children and their families who were being helped by your generosity. I hope that after I've had a few days to decompress from the trip I can get some photos posted to CR.

Thanks for all those who raised over $5,000 in the name of Team Mercedes for Camp Sunshine. Over $200,000 total was donated by Rally North America for this event this week.