Handy Man Recommendations?

Franchi

Looking for any recommendations CR has for a reliable handy man. Looking to get a couple small things done around the house that I don't want to deal with and also using this as a testing ground for finding and developing a relationship with a handy-man who do the things I don't want or can't handle as I look to get into rental properties in the next year or so.

If you know of somebody you've used in the past and who worked well, ideally had good communication with and they were priced fairly, let me know. Located in northern Columbus, not sure how geographic oriented handy men usually are.

What type of work are you looking to have done?

For my house, current job is just patching some drywall and rehanging something (boy decided to hang off the towel rack in the bathroom and ripped it out) but mostly using small jobs like this as a testing base to develop a relationship with somebody I can get to know and trust to work with down the road on larger projects like being an on call handy man for property rentals I'm going to manage.

For my house, current job is just patching some drywall and rehanging something (boy decided to hang off the towel rack in the bathroom and ripped it out) but mostly using small jobs like this as a testing base to develop a relationship with somebody I can get to know and trust to work with down the road on larger projects like being an on call handy man for property rentals I'm going to manage.

Copy that. I'll put a feeler out. I've been in the industry awhile and know several guys that moon light on nights and weekends but right now everyone is pretty much slammed. The trades just aren't as manned as they once were.

I've done work for Bob, Tilley, and a few others on here in the past but I've got so much going on between work, forging, music, and the fam that I can't see myself having much free time to dedicate to ya and I don't want to be one of those guys that CAN do the work and SAYS he'll do the work but never makes it out to the site.

If I hear of anyone that I feel comfortable recommending I'll PM ya. If you just need some drywall patched and the wall repaired for the bar I may be able to do that fairly quickly but as far as being a go to handy man for rentals I can't commit to that.

PM if you have any questions or what not.

Copy that. I'll put a feeler out. I've been in the industry awhile and know several guys that moon light on nights and weekends but right now everyone is pretty much slammed. The trades just aren't as manned as they once were.

I've done work for Bob, Tilley, and a few others on here in the past but I've got so much going on between work, forging, music, and the fam that I can't see myself having much free time to dedicate to ya and I don't want to be one of those guys that CAN do the work and SAYS he'll do the work but never makes it out to the site.

If I hear of anyone that I feel comfortable recommending I'll PM ya. If you just need some drywall patched and the wall repaired for the bar I may be able to do that fairly quickly but as far as being a go to handy man for rentals I can't commit to that.

PM if you have any questions or what not.

That's what I'm seeing too. Every good contractor I know is booked several months out with big projects.

I'm kind of in the same position as the OP, I have some minor plumbing and electrical stuff I would like done around the house and I don't feel like doing it myself.