Aliens: Grey, not brown.

RC K9

Fascinating interview. Is Bob Lazar Telling the truth?

He's been pretty consistent since the 80's, and I can't see any advantages to him lying about all this; but a lot of disadvantages...

What's everyone's thoughts? I'm a pretty skeptical guy in just about everything...but this guy's story is pretty freaking intriguing.

Statistically, there almost HAS to be other intelligent life out there. Have they visited Earth or not? I don't know.

I am more fascinated by the technology he is talking about actually handling and the fact that the implication from his briefings was that these were old/ancient and were found in archaeological excavations, than I am actual extra terrestrials out there somewhere.

Statistically, there almost HAS to be other intelligent life out there. Have they visited Earth or not? I don't know.

+1. The maths around interstellar travel are ridiculous. Given a long enough timeframe, there has been or will be a visit from alien life at some point.

Although, if you watch the movie "Life", you'll definitely hope that it stays far, FAR away from us. :eek:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_(2017_film)

It's good to keep an open mind about this stuff...including the people who are spreading the details.

Lazar has been consistent in his story for a while, and it has been proven he was an employee at the Los Alamos Labs, and he was the first to really highlight Area 51's existence to the public, but at the same time he claims to hold two degrees from institutions that have no records of him and he has a history of running afoul of the government (from prostitution to selling illegal chemical combinations used to make home made fireworks). General consensus is usually that's hes a little out there even for most UFO skeptics

I want to believe, I really do, but honestly some of his claims defy physics as we know it. I remember hearing him on Coast to Coast when I was living in new orleans and his delivery is really compelling - he has a way of speaking and a logical format that makes you want to believe him.

nobody says you have to buy into this or dismiss it entirely. It's ok to just let it just hang out there with "its possible, maybe".

It's good to keep an open mind about this stuff...including the people who are spreading the details.

Lazar has been consistent in his story for a while, and it has been proven he was an employee at the Los Alamos Labs, and he was the first to really highlight Area 51's existence to the public, but at the same time he claims to hold two degrees from institutions that have no records of him and he has a history of running afoul of the government (from prostitution to selling illegal chemical combinations used to make home made fireworks). General consensus is usually that's hes a little out there even for most UFO skeptics

I want to believe, I really do, but honestly some of his claims defy physics as we know it. I remember hearing him on Coast to Coast when I was living in new orleans and his delivery is really compelling - he has a way of speaking and a logical format that makes you want to believe him.

nobody says you have to buy into this or dismiss it entirely. It's ok to just let it just hang out there with "its possible, maybe".

Well, Los Alamos denied him having been employed there until a phone directory was discovered that proved he was telling the truth.

So it's not really that far out there to think that our government couldn't essentially erase his existence if they wanted to. His birth certificate went missing too IIRC.

The other thing that inclines me to believe him is that he is very open about what he doesn't know and that he had very limited access. Was on a craft once. Never actually saw an extraterrestrial. That the propulsion system he worked on defied known physics and he knows it sounds nuts. That they were communicating to a person inside the craft using UFH (maybe it was VHF) and that shouldn't be possible. It made no sense. So if he was making all this up, why even state that detail about using a radio to talk to a person that was operating the craft and that it should be impossible to do? That whole little detail could be left out of the story. It serves no purpose other than to show just how nuts his own story really is.

Well, Los Alamos denied him having been employed there until a phone directory was discovered that proved he was telling the truth.

So it's not really that far out there to think that our government couldn't essentially erase his existence if they wanted to. His birth certificate went missing too IIRC.

It's a little far out because there is no one "government". There is the federal government, and then there are state and local government agencies (like records offices), government contractors (like private hospitals), and there are just straight up private institutions whose record keeping isn't subject to government scrutiny and have no value in compromising their core record keeping. This is the great value of bureaucracy, it makes conspiracies about "erasing" people hard to believe because it's literally too much damn work. It's way easier to kill them and make it look like an accident (which is something that has happened).

this is an interesting follow up on the "birth certificate" which poses the much more credible theory that Lazar and Coast to Coast host Knapp are just bad at research: http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/area-51-and-other-strange-places/bluefire-main/bluefire/the-bob-lazar-corner/lazar-flaws-the-birth-certificate/

The other thing that inclines me to believe him is that he is very open about what he doesn't know and that he had very limited access. Was on a craft once. Never actually saw an extraterrestrial. That the propulsion system he worked on defied known physics and he knows it sounds nuts. That they were communicating to a person inside the craft using UFH (maybe it was VHF) and that shouldn't be possible. It made no sense. So if he was making all this up, why even state that detail about using a radio to talk to a person that was operating the craft and that it should be impossible to do? That whole little detail could be left out of the story. It serves no purpose other than to show just how nuts his own story really is.

That's confidence story telling 101. If you are already communicating to a receptive audience, telling them you don't know everything while supplying just enough detail to make you sound relative and credible and shifts the focus from you and your credibility to the larger story at hand.

Of course when you are talking about aliens there are going to be unexplained things, that's way more credible than if you had an answer for everything, but providing enough background detail to sound like you know what you are talking about gives someone who wants to believe it some substance to latch on to.

I am not saying it's all outright a fabrication, there is probably some truth to his story, but whether it's a grain or a pound is going to be hard to sus out in the absence of further proof.

It's a little far out because there is no one "government". There is the federal government, and then there are state and local government agencies (like records offices), government contractors (like private hospitals), and there are just straight up private institutions whose record keeping isn't subject to government scrutiny and have no value in compromising their core record keeping. This is the great value of bureaucracy, it makes conspiracies about "erasing" people hard to believe because it's literally too much damn work. It's way easier to kill them and make it look like an accident (which is something that has happened).

this is an interesting follow up on the "birth certificate" which poses the much more credible theory that Lazar and Coast to Coast host Knapp are just bad at research: http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/area-51-and-other-strange-places/bluefire-main/bluefire/the-bob-lazar-corner/lazar-flaws-the-birth-certificate/

That's confidence story telling 101. If you are already communicating to a receptive audience, telling them you don't know everything while supplying just enough detail to make you sound relative and credible and shifts the focus from you and your credibility to the larger story at hand.

Of course when you are talking about aliens there are going to be unexplained things, that's way more credible than if you had an answer for everything, but providing enough background detail to sound like you know what you are talking about gives someone who wants to believe it some substance to latch on to.

I am not saying it's all outright a fabrication, there is probably some truth to his story, but whether it's a grain or a pound is going to be hard to sus out in the absence of further proof.

And that...is the kind of counter-balance we need.

I don't "want" to believe anything other than the truth, whatever that may be. Would the existence of these technologies be cool? Yup. But I don't want to believe they exist if they don't, and I wouldn't lose sleep at night know they don't. Just want to know whats up.

I enjoyed the interview as well. I think the corbell guy is a putz though. I had all plans of watching his netflix special until I read a few of the reviews about how bad it was.

The one thing that made me turn my head sideways more than the rest of the story was about them piloting the craft. What are the chances that on something we know so very little about (the craft and the aliens) that they were able to figure out how to fly the thing?

I just dont buy it. And he talks about how it was capable of doing these super high speed maneuvers in the sky that aren't possible with current aircraft. Im no expert but wouldn't these cause G forces that even a trained pilot wouldn't be able to handle? Say the thing is going back and forth in the sky like gravity doesn't exist? Or am I to believe the spaceship has all that figured out...

Ive been intrigued by aliens since I was a kid so Im super curious to it all but too much of it is hocus pocus.

Humans have been around for 0.00001% of time the universe has existed. What are the chances that within that tiny little spec of time there's an entire alien species out there that has perfected space travel and is interested in us? Edited by Not Brian

I enjoyed the interview as well. I think the corbell guy is a putz though. I had all plans of watching his netflix special until I read a few of the reviews about how bad it was.

The one thing that made me turn my head sideways more than the rest of the story was about them piloting the craft. What are the chances that on something we know so very little about (the craft and the aliens) that they were able to figure out how to fly the thing?

I just dont buy it. And he talks about how it was capable of doing these super high speed maneuvers in the sky that aren't possible with current aircraft. Im no expert but wouldn't these cause G forces that even a trained pilot wouldn't be able to handle? Say the thing is going back and forth in the sky like gravity doesn't exist? Or am I to believe the spaceship has all that figured out...

Ive been intrigued by aliens since I was a kid so Im super curious to it all but too much of it is hocus pocus.

Bob addresses how gravitational forces affect inertia, and also how propulsion via gravity/anti-gravity is not like going a million mph. You are bending space/time around you.

I've seen other unrelated scientific articles talking about how warp speed would actually work and it's not the speed of the craft, but the craft is actually moving space/time around it.

Bob also states that the gravity field around the craft distorts your visual perception. I.E. some observers state the crafts they have seen seemed to be violently shaking/rapid movements. Bob states that is most likely a visual distortion and they aren't actually moving like that.

On the side of people navigating them, if these things were discovered decades ago, i'm sure human curiosity has made is take a shot at maneuvering them. He also made a point to say they stayed relatively close and weren't doing nutty things like going into outer space. These are prized possessions we don't really understand. But I could see you dropping a car off in the 1700's and people eventually figuring out how to turn it on and drive it, even though they don't understand the fine inner workings.

Visitors...

Seriously, a lot of what he said made sense. The idea that certain areas of the government and other groups want/need to suppress the knowledge there is life out there is 100% true.

I don't blame them; People are too dumb to react logically.

Bob addresses how gravitational forces affect inertia, and also how propulsion via gravity/anti-gravity is not like going a million mph. You are bending space/time around you.

I've seen other unrelated scientific articles talking about how warp speed would actually work and it's not the speed of the craft, but the craft is actually moving space/time around it.

Bob also states that the gravity field around the craft distorts your visual perception. I.E. some observers state the crafts they have seen seemed to be violently shaking/rapid movements. Bob states that is most likely a visual distortion and they aren't actually moving like that.

On the side of people navigating them, if these things were discovered decades ago, i'm sure human curiosity has made is take a shot at maneuvering them. He also made a point to say they stayed relatively close and weren't doing nutty things like going into outer space. These are prized possessions we don't really understand. But I could see you dropping a car off in the 1700's and people eventually figuring out how to turn it on and drive it, even though they don't understand the fine inner workings.

I guess I do recall some of that discussion. Obviously with nothing in our known world able to do anything like that its hard to understand and/or visualize.

I dont really like the comparison about dropping the car off in the 1700's just due to the speed at which technology is currently advancing vs how it will advance exponentially in just the next 100 years. I feel like the 300 years of advancement previous to 1980 is a very small fraction of what advances would be made from out current technology to "time travel ability". Im probably not explaining my thoughts very clear but I just dont feel like its comparable.

Here's the fun, somewhat relaxing part of having an open mind:

- If there is alien life that got here at some point (or will), it comes through technology and understandings we cannot begin to fathom.

- If you feel the need to staunch-ly be anti-aliens, you have to be on the negative all of the time. In the face of any new technological breakthroughs, new views/readings on furthest reaches of the known universe...you have to shit on it. No matter what we discover. What a crappy way to live. :lol:

EDIT: Rogan pretty much confirmed my comments at 2:05. :lol:

Just finished the video (shit that was long)...great conversation. Really interesting concepts discussed.

Edited by zeitgeist57

Here's the fun, somewhat relaxing part of having an open mind:

- If there is alien life that got here at some point (or will), it comes through technology and understandings we cannot begin to fathom.

Exactly. I kinda feel the same way abotu religion too, the "organized" ones are man made constructions, there is a certain freedom that comes with being ok with not knowing the mysteries of the universe.

- If you feel the need to staunch-ly be anti-aliens, you have to be on the negative all of the time. In the face of any new technological breakthroughs, new views/readings on furthest reaches of the known universe...you have to shit on it. No matter what we discover. What a crappy way to live. :lol:

It's not the staunchly anti-aliens person you have to worry about, it's those who are so uncomfortable with not knowing the answer to a question that they overlook context in order to be pro-alien. Mankind is not meant to know everything about it's environment, but that should't keep us from trying. There are some questions we should be comfortable in not knowing the answers to.

• 1 year later...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4adpv9/us-navy-has-patents-on-tech-it-says-will-engineer-the-fabric-of-reality

Welp, if you followed Bob Lazar’s musings...it sounds like the U.S. Navy is patenting specifically the technology he’s referenced in the past. Crazy times.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4adpv9/us-navy-has-patents-on-tech-it-says-will-engineer-the-fabric-of-reality

Welp, if you followed Bob Lazar’s musings...it sounds like the U.S. Navy is patenting specifically the technology he’s referenced in the past. Crazy times.

That's fascinating.

Anyone listen to Avi Loeb on JRE or Lex Fridman's podcast?

I listened to his new book while on vacation about his research on

ʻOumuamua. The first known intersteller object traveling through our solar system. Pretty interesting if you're into that stuff.

Geeze....