4runner timing belt

Forrest Gump 9

Hello all

I picked up a 2000 4runner last year. The previous owner said the timing belt was done by the dealer @90k miles but there’s no record of it. I’m planning a summer trip to Colorado and pike peak with the boys, so I don’t want any mishaps.

Summer time is crazy busy time for me, so just wondering if anyone here can help me with a timing belt and water pump job on a 2000 4runner V6? Thank you

Btw, I had all the necessary parts.

5vz? My summer is also crazy, but I'd be glad to help if I can. I tore the whole top end off mine to replace the head gaskets. There is a very helpful video series on a guys YouTube channel called worsethanchiggers. He does a 3.4 in a tacoma, I used it for my entire process.

Yours will be much less involved, it's not bad at all. Make sure you follow his instructions for marking the belt/cogs.

Let me Know when you plan to do it! ab8b71958c5e5b56ceff7b78bee1701b.jpga4d9b4a5f11a52c87a31c87b18ae3452.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

David, text me and I can help you in the evenings. [emoji106]
Let me know if you guys get together. I wouldn't mind drinking a few beers and turning a wrench with some cr peeps, if the schedule allows it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I did the timing belt/water pump/and oil pump on my T-100 this spring. It was pretty straight forward. There’s plenty of room once the radiator is out to sit under the truck and have it right in front of you.

The only problem I had was I broke a reluctor tooth off of the timing gear on the crank with my hand when I tried it without the puller. They have pretty much everything for the 3.4L at the dealership because they put them in everything.

I think from draining the radiator to filling it back up took around 5 hours counting the hour to go to the dealership.