Wi-Fi Timer Options

PRD2BDF

Let me preface: I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about technology nor do I care to. I am currently housing a 18yr old boy that I pulled out of a bad home environment. He's currently thriving (just got accepted into college and got a job)

However he's a 18yr old boy who has a tendency to get into trouble particularly regarding social media and swapping pictures.

I wanted to see if there was a way to set up a Wi-Fi timer to shut down the system during sleeping hours.

All I know is that I have an AT&T Uverse provided router and from what I've observed, there's no way to set a schedule on that.

Please, speak to me as I am an idiot and use plain English.

Do you see a model name on the router?

Most of the time you can find it on the bottom, front of the router.

If You are able to tell me the model number, OR the maker, I will figure out if restrictions are possible.

Hold windows key+r

Type cmd <enter>

Type ipconfig <enter>

Look for your default gateway (should be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1)

Type that into your internet browser bar.

It will prompt you for a password. You've likely never logged into it, so the default login id and password should be "admin" and "password", or "Admin" and nothing, or sometimes it's a bunch of gibberish printed on the sticker on the router.. Google your model to see what the defaults are.

From there you can go into some sort of parental controls and mess with timers, create a bedtime, restrict content, etc.

You may want to change the login id and password while you're at it, because if I were 18 I'd be Googling a way to log in and change it back.

thumb_he-was-a-man-he-had-a-beard-imgfilip-com-talladega-52252852.png

Seems like something an honest conversation could keep in check, or no? Blatantly showing that you dont trust him is going to help?

I know you only asked about the tech question and not how to raise your men, but hey, its CR.

thumb_he-was-a-man-he-had-a-beard-imgfilip-com-talladega-52252852.png

Seems like something an honest conversation could keep in check, or no? Blatantly showing that you dont trust him is going to help?

I know you only asked about the tech question and not how to raise your men, but hey, its CR.

Ya know, After typing a reply... I gave it some thought. If he is 18, and assuming the person on the other end is also 18... then depending on your morals, whats wrong?(I personally dont agree with swapping nudes or something like that online, I'm just saying/asking if its mutual and they both are 18... it comes down to morals I guess) Maybe talking with him and explaining why something like that is wrong would go a long way?

I'm no expert here, but maybe coming at this at a different angle would help. If tech stuff is not your thing, then maybe give him a hobby or something that he can take ownership of instead of cracking down. Something that can give him some responsibility.

idk... just my two cents

His girlfriend is not of legal age. I've had multiple conversations to remind him of the risks and legal troubles that awaits. He also knows if I find out, he will be kicked out of the house.

The model is 5268AC

His girlfriend is not of legal age. I've had multiple conversations to remind him of the risks and legal troubles that awaits. He also knows if I find out, he will be kicked out of the house.

The model is 5268AC

Ah, I see... Yea... listen to Brian on this one. Anything I would say to Brian's replies would be redundant, :lol: