Bye Bye Raptor - Hello Trackhawk

oh8sti

+1.

I love the recent Ford offerings but the stories I've heard - just on CR - about...

F-150 Transmission

Mustang manual transmission

GT350 VooDoo engines popping

FWD PowerShift transmission issues

ST/RS engines

MKC powertrain issues

....let alone other things has been a big disappointment.

My company Lincoln MKC has a seriously annoying heatshield(?) rattle at cold startup coming from under the car (brand new!) and a disturbing part-throttle/cruising hesitation rolling on the highway. I wouldn't ever really consider this over import competition if I was buying one used years from now for my children. Yes, it's turbo...but any joy that should come with boost is lost on the stupid transmission as well.

OP put together a killer Raptor, it really is sad to see so many problems with a truck that should be building an amazing reputation for itself right now. Years from now people would be like "Tundra TRD Pro? Cool truck!".........."1st-gen Raptor? Yikes! You must've gotten that for cheap." ;)

At least the Ecoboost V6's seem to be doing OK....?

One of our 2019 lariats put a rod through the block at 5,000 miles...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a badass truck. Sucks about the raptor. I had my 2013 gt500 lemoned out—wonder if that would have been an option. Loving the hellcat though

Congrats

In TN I was out of the time limit and honestly December is when I was planning on trading it in anyway. So, Christmas came early!

Im loving this thing more and more everyday. I looked at Range Rovers (SVR and the LWB Supercharged) as well as a G63 AMG. I just feel like the Jeep is a lot more under the radar, which was the driving factor.