Last minute honeymoon ideas

Geeesammy

So I'm getting married next month, we've both been very busy with work, wedding planning and numerous other things (house remodel, etc.) and we kind of dropped the ball on honeymoon planning. Do any sites exist that offer "bundle" deals for short notice stuff?

Basically we are opening to going most places within the US, we are flexible on flights, have the time off work and just kind of want a site that says "hey we have _____ booked but not enough people on it, heres a cool deal"

NO cruises, F them, if I wanted to be around mouth breathers for a week i'd live in a Wal-Mart.

What about booking an AirBNB someplace fun? You could book the place to stay, nail down flights, rent a car, and just explore someplace.

I've poked around before at places in Key West, Boston, Texas, and other locations that have all kinds of cool stuff to do that doesn't require a crazy schedule.

There's also the Disney/Universal option where you can set it all up through a planner. If you want to do that let me know I have contacts. Wife and I did that for our honeymoon and a vacation and it was fun.

What are you guys into? My brother did his wedding in Vegas which we all went to. I'm not much into gambling really but had fun. The best part for me by far was me and the wife staying after everyone came home and heading up into Utah in a rental car. We stayed at some cool little out of the way towns and hiked some parks. I enjoyed that quite a bit. If music and drinking is your thing Nashville is on my list of things I want to do at some point. I've had 2 buddies do that and talked about how awesome it was.

Edit: not really sure that's honeymoon material stuff but what the hell do I know...I'm damn near 50 and been married 20 years haha. We did Cancun on our honeymoon.

FWIW, we had a place booked in St. Thomas thru AirBNB a couple years ago. Flying out Thursday early AM and we woke up Wednesday for work to an email saying our reservation was cancelled. Somehow managed to book a place near where we like staying on the island about 30 min later (got super lucky they even answered the phone at like 6am since they don't even open til 8 or 9 from what I recall). Flights to the island then were about $1300 round trip for 2 people, the place was around $1600 for I think 6 days. It's called Paradise Cove. it was a 1br condo, so kitchen, living room, etc. It wasn't super nice but it wasn't bad either...didn't care since we were barely there. Walk down the hill to the beach at Secret Harbour which is amazing. it's in a cove so very little waves, crystal clear water (chest deep and see your feet no problem), great snorkeling, close to Red Hook to take the ferry to St. John ($7 each way). If you have some extra coin to drop, stay at Secret Harbour resorts. No walking up/down the hill to get to the beach and they seem a little nicer.

What are you guys into? My brother did his wedding in Vegas which we all went to. I'm not much into gambling really but had fun. The best part for me by far was me and the wife staying after everyone came home and heading up into Utah in a rental car. We stayed at some cool little out of the way towns and hiked some parks. I enjoyed that quite a bit. If music and drinking is your thing Nashville is on my list of things I want to do at some point. I've had 2 buddies do that and talked about how awesome it was.

Edit: not really sure that's honeymoon material stuff but what the hell do I know...I'm damn near 50 and been married 20 years haha. We did Cancun on our honeymoon.

Not really into anything specific, we both arent super into outdoors type stuff. Mainly entertainment, which obviously Vegas has a lot of

Rent a cabin in Gatlinburg, TN area? Close to peak leaf season, plenty of outdoor stuff, budget friendly.

Sheraton or Marriott on Sand Key in FL are both nice. Just across the bridge from Clearwater Beach, but much less crowded. Easy in/out of Tampa airport.

Denver is an easy flight. Rocky Mountain National Park, Pikes Peak, Red Rocks Amphitheater are all close - short drive to off season ski resort areas.

All of these are pretty much book your hotel/cabin/house and flight and then just do what you feel like when you get there.

I just got back from a week on Kiawah Island. You can stay in a Condo on the beach for cheap right now. Plenty to do there. Charleston and Savannah are close.

https://www.sweetgrassvacationrentals.com/destinations.asp?DestinationID=472

I agree with this as well. Did a trip there with the family this summer and it was great.

I just got back from a week on Kiawah Island. You can stay in a Condo on the beach for cheap right now. Plenty to do there. Charleston and Savannah are close.

https://www.sweetgrassvacationrentals.com/destinations.asp?DestinationID=472

Looks cool never head of it

What is there to do there other than golf for people in their 20's?

Not really into anything specific, we both arent super into outdoors type stuff. Mainly entertainment, which obviously Vegas has a lot of
Sounds a little crazy, but flights to San Diego are really cheap in October. My wife and I are kinda forced to travel there next month because of a sick family member, so we were looking for ways to make it a vacation.

We may do something like this:

https://www.enterprise.com/en/road-trips/san-diego-to-san-francisco-pacific-coast-highway.html

Seems pretty entertaining, and you could rent a fun car for two pretty reasonably.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk