Fuel pump wiring?

vonrottes

Found the issue with my intermittent fuel pump issue.. the bulkhead and both plugs have melted around the power wire..

Using ALL racetronix parts for 14amps and a walbro 450 pump.

Since I'm only having issues with the power, I'm wondering if I'd be safe to combine the ground for the pump and sender and run two power wires?

Or would I just end up with ground issues then?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Me personally I ran 10awg wire to my 460s in my tank. Both have independent feeds coming off separate relays.

The ground needs to be sized just as large... any amperage going out needs to return to the battery....

450s can pull up to 22amps full bore pretty sure.... so 12awg is pushing it with them.

If there was a short or loose connection that could have caused the melting. Or just pulled more current then 14awg can handle.

It never hurts to oversize things... unless the wiring just won't fit or bend/move how you need it to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I figured, thought I'd just ask to make sure [emoji28]

So I have enough parts and extra wire I "could" add a second mp280 bulkhead to the cap on the sender and use the one with a burnt pin just for the sensor ground and return wire and use the new one for double power and ground 12ga wire. That would be sufficient right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk