Iran

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No US casualties, no further escalation. Or so I'd imagine.

Edit: Also reading reports that the Pentagon is saying Iran missed on purpose. I haven't seen an official statement, so don't take it as fact. If that's true, Iran knew they had to save face, but they knew if they really did kill American troops then Trump would respond disproportionately. They know they're outmatched and while we would take huge losses, they would lose control of their country.

Edited by Ryan

No US casualties, no further escalation. Or so I'd imagine.

Edit: Also reading reports that the Pentagon is saying Iran missed on purpose. I haven't seen an official statement, so don't take it as fact. If that's true, Iran knew they had to save face, but they knew if they really did kill American troops then Trump would respond disproportionately. They know they're outmatched and while we would take huge losses, they would lose control of their country.

This is what I heard from someone who I would consider an informed source (retired Navy SEAL).

I'm just enjoying the triggered people screaming on both sides all over social media.

This is what I heard from someone who I would consider an informed source (retired Navy SEAL).

I'm just enjoying the triggered people screaming on both sides all over social media.

So we have US troops sitting in bases in Iraq having ballistic missiles lobbed their way, but it's OK because they intentionally missed! That makes it not at all terrifying for them and their families. I'm sure nobody has ever gotten PTSD from being woken up by attack sirens in the middle of the night and hearing missiles exploding around them.

I'm glad you're enjoying some aspect of this "game."

So we have US troops sitting in bases in Iraq having ballistic missiles lobbed their way, but it's OK because they intentionally missed! That makes it not at all terrifying for them and their families. I'm sure nobody has ever gotten PTSD from being woken up by attack sirens in the middle of the night and hearing missiles exploding around them.

I'm glad you're enjoying some aspect of this "game."

Thanks! It really is fun to see people melting down of this, like it brings me serious joy to see all of these people on their high horses telling me things.

Seriously doe, there's nothing cool about a game of chicken with things that go boom. There's so many layers to this deal that pinning it all on taking out that general isn't true. The proxy war with Iran has been going on for a long time in different countries.

The fact that people who actually have been in conflict over there have stated knocking that guy off was a good thing is all I need to know, the propaganda and media BS is just entertainment.

What's going to be interesting is the next move that's made by both sides.

people who actually have been in conflict over there have stated knocking that guy off was a good thing

Which people have said this? Have they provided some actual perspective on the implications of doing so? No shit, taking out bad guys isn't a terrible idea... but I've not heard a case for why executing it as we did was worthwhile given the fallout.

Which people have said this? Have they provided some actual perspective on the implications of doing so? No shit, taking out bad guys isn't a terrible idea... but I've not heard a case for why executing it as we did was worthwhile given the fallout.

https://www.facebook.com/RepDanCrenshaw/videos/462830391076234/

Super duper ugh on a facebook link to a video provided by GOPleader.gov, but thanks. Actually a seemingly reasonable dude and a mostly valid description from what I know. Still waiting on someone from either side of the aisle to recognize there are people in the middle and acknowledge their perspective. I imagine I'll be waiting a while as the "middle" doesn't bring enough votes alone to elect anybody.

I would say that this guys point was more along the lines of "Trump administration took action, which can be viewed as positive in some regards", and much less "doing this was great, and the way we did it was fantastic and justified".

Super duper ugh on a facebook link to a video provided by GOPleader.gov, but thanks. Actually a seemingly reasonable dude and a mostly valid description from what I know. Still waiting on someone from either side of the aisle to recognize there are people in the middle and acknowledge their perspective. I imagine I'll be waiting a while as the "middle" doesn't bring enough votes alone to elect anybody.

I would say that this guys point was more along the lines of "Trump administration took action, which can be viewed as positive in some regards", and much less "doing this was great, and the way we did it was fantastic and justified".

The easiest video I could find from someone who actually has been there, take it as you will. Scotty from CR also said something similar on social media and he's been over there a few times. If you look around on Facebook you'll see photos and videos that talk about the IEDs that Iran developed that killed/injured our troops.

War isn't something that sane or logical people want and hopefully this little dust up has run its course.

What's not blowing up on social media is the fact that Iran accidentally shot down a civilian aircraft during their little show, from the Ukraine none the less. The conspiracy people are fapping hardcore to that one right now you can bet on that.

What's not blowing up on social media is the fact that Iran accidentally shot down a civilian aircraft during their little show, from the Ukraine none the less. The conspiracy people are fapping hardcore to that one right now you can bet on that.

That's not "fact" that's just you speculating. Fact is that the Aircraft lost radar contact at 8,000 feet shortly after takeoff and crashed.

logical conclusion is that a catastrophic event (which covers everything from rapid mechanical failure to terrorism) occurred as that is usually what happens based on the fact pattern.

Pure speculation is: "Iran accidentally shot down a civilian aircraft", sure it's one of the possible scenarios but not the only one and not one the known evidence currently supports. It adds a responsible party, a method, and all sorts of false information to slant the story. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't but that can't be determined right now.

Whats also NOT blowing up is the fact that the US caused a earthquake right by a nuclear power plant in Iran and nearly made the country a sheet of glass

:gabe:

Whats also NOT blowing up is the fact that the US caused a earthquake right by a nuclear power plant in Iran and nearly made the country a sheet of glass

:gabe:

I saw someone try to seriosly imply this was a thing and we also caused the earthquske in PR to cover it up.

I think that same person is also an anti-vaxer...

Nuclear power plants can't go supercritical and "glass" anything either, the U-235 concentration isn't anywhere near high enough (5% for a reactor vs 90% for a bomb IIRC).

yes it's worked out so well for japan and the pacific ocean.

Looking at the satellite photos it's clear that Iran didn't "intentionally miss" so much as "intentionally target buildings with only aircraft and equipment in them." This wouldn't be entirely unlike when Trump spent millions of dollars to blow up some empty buildings on a Syrian air base in order to "save face" against Assad (after telling Russia we were going to bomb said buildings so they could conveniently not be there).

Evidently it's not over......just got some more sirens and incoming alerts near our embassy/green-zone.

In the end, I thought the situation thus far was handled beautifully. Well done to the administration thus far.

All I said was nuclear reactors can't go supercritical like bombs do so they don't "glass" things, that's not an opinion so I'm not sure what's up your ass.

just because they didn't glass things doesn't meant radiation leaking into water isn't harmful for that part of the world or anywhere else.