Anyone doing any build or tuning on BMW's?

Second Gen

Currently driving a 2006 BMW M-Roadster (E85) and it has been rock solid (Tires and standard maintenance) for over 5 years. I have been thinking about another BMW (435iX) and curious if anyone on the forums are tweaking these motors (N55)? Really want a consistent/decent looking daily, but one I can do some bolt-on's and maybe a basic tune.

Lots of support from other tuners and really looking for local experience (Or not).

ecs tuning is in ohio and should be able to give advice. the bimmerforums are a great place to learn from. from what I have found so far with the e36's, is anticipate to spend 3-5k in a hurry for "bolt ons". 1kish for cams, 1-2k for valve train (solid rocker conversion), 500 for vanos delete, god knows what for a decent clutch, and plus ecu with a tune. I went with the route of get it dead reliable and upgrade the suspension before anything else.

if its the engine I think it is then tune, downpipe, turbo's, tuning, and your car will boogie.

Edited by 10phone2

ecs tuning is in ohio and should be able to give advice. the bimmerforums are a great place to learn from. from what I have found so far with the e36's, is anticipate to spend 3-5k in a hurry for "bolt ons". 1kish for cams, 1-2k for valve train (solid rocker conversion), 500 for vanos delete, god knows what for a decent clutch, and plus ecu with a tune. I went with the route of get it dead reliable and upgrade the suspension before anything else.

if its the engine I think it is then tune, downpipe, turbo's, tuning, and your car will boogie.

I personally woudn't take advice from ECS. I would only order from ECS but expect stupid shipping charges on items when we are so close. You can also pick it up at ECS now if you want to make the drive.

Shoot so many options with the n54 and n55 engines it’s super easy to modify and also keep reliable . Unless you go insane a piggy back will handle most of your needs that the stock fuel system can handle

Yeah piggy back from JB4 and have purchased off ECS for the past 3 years. Plans (if purchased) would be down pipe, catback (AWE/Borla) and a tune. Assume based off reading 400 plus awd reasonable without additional mods