Wheel repair

cstmg8

One wheel on the Mercedes is going low weekly. Discount tire says it's the wheel, corroded on the lip.

I didn't get to see it, so I'm not sure how badly.

Looks like a replacement is about $200 on fleabay. Would it be worth it to go to wheel medic, or just replace it?

Should I ask for someone specific?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

One wheel on the Mercedes is going low weekly. Discount tire says it's the wheel, corroded on the lip.

Looks like a replacement is about $200 on fleabay. Would it be worth it to go to wheel medic, or just replace it?

Get a can of fix a flat and you won’t have to worry about that. Same thing happened on my wife GL.

If you go the wheel medic route just let them know you are with Columbus Racing. They usually give a discount to members.

Sounds like you just need to grind down the corrosion and then use a bead sealer and you'll be fine. Take it to a better tire shop and they should be able to help you out for cheap

This .. also DO NOT use fix a flat or anything the like or you will be buying a tire and it still probably won’t fix your actual issue

Edited by STEVE-O