WTB: Golf Cart (Help me keep a lookout)

iwashmycar

If you or anyone you know has or sees and good deals on used golf carts, keep me in mind. Planning to pick one up once life starts getting back to normal...maybe sooner if its a great deal.

Wonder if there is anything decent out there for roughly $2K....?

Needs to have a top on it as I would eventually add the rain covers. Going to drive it to work once that is allowed again. I currently dont care if its gas or electric...I assume I cannot afford gas for my budget.

Just wanted to make a post so maybe its in the back of your mind should you see anything that fits.

Thanks!

Haha. Doesnt sounds like that would make it up a driveway well.

Might get laughed out of the neighborhood as others mostly have those lovely lifted $8K+ ones....

Facebook Marketplace will probably be the best bet. I wonder if they will get a little cheaper once its even warmer out. Its pretty perfect golf carting weather at this moment!

https://jalopnik.com/i-ordered-a-brand-new-chinese-900-ev-online-1842363027

Living in UA, I've been on the hunt for a NEV that seats 4 that can get us around for fun. I showed my wife this article saying that the shipped cost with batteries is around $1800. We both love the idea, especially how hilarious this thing looks. I'm going to keep an eye on what Torch thinks but seriously may look into this as a 0-fks-gvn runabout.

My neighbor has a EZ-GO lifted golf cart with a rear facing seat, roof, rain curtains, etc...paid over $5k for it used and had to replace batteries. Fuck that noise.

I've been on the lookout for a while myself, mainly for a pure budget one and haven't found anything yet. In my experience, summer is the worst time because people on the fence will just start using them and are less likely to sell. At the end of the season seems to be the sweet spot if you have the means to snag one as people likely get tired of maintenance, storage or flat just want to unload and/or upgrade.

Not in your budget but just in case it helps anyone, my company is currently getting rid of our John Deere UTV fleet. They are 2017 or 2018 gas or diesels, 4 seaters, 4x4 dump beds, roofs with optional cab and heater kits and even tracks, plows, salt spreaders as options. Sub 1000 hours and are about 22k new plus options (max out about 35k). I normally unload them for about $10k a piece.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

https://jalopnik.com/i-ordered-a-brand-new-chinese-900-ev-online-1842363027

Living in UA, I've been on the hunt for a NEV that seats 4 that can get us around for fun. I showed my wife this article saying that the shipped cost with batteries is around $1800. We both love the idea, especially how hilarious this thing looks. I'm going to keep an eye on what Torch thinks but seriously may look into this as a 0-fks-gvn runabout.

My neighbor has a EZ-GO lifted golf cart with a rear facing seat, roof, rain curtains, etc...paid over $5k for it used and had to replace batteries. Fuck that noise.

That is pretty cool. May be a bit too enclosed for those nice days though. However at 1800 bucks it seems like a great idea compared to a 1800 golf cart.

I guess it depends if its the same size as a golf cart - I will have to parallel park the thing behind my truck in a 2-car garage. The 4x8 typical golf cart dim seems to fit fine with a foot or two to spare.

We should totally do this.

I think..

6071 africa road. Westerville/ lewis center. Right by the bottom of the dam.

Guy has a bunch of them for sale, think he does it on the side, some sweet ones and normal ones. Cant find a busines for him might be worth a shot to stop by.

Thats all i got

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=954&pictureid=9531

Then there's GEM:

https://gem.polaris.com/en-us/

Way to pricey new (I didn't realize Polaris owned them now). A few older ones around $3K on Marketplace. But some of the earlry ones (2000 ish) may pop up cheaper. A dealer in Grandview used to use our dock to get them off the truck when they ordered them in when I worked a Elgee Electric circa '99-'00.

6071 africa road. Westerville/ lewis center. Right by the bottom of the dam.

Guy has a bunch of them for sale, think he does it on the side, some sweet ones and normal ones. Cant find a busines for him might be worth a shot to stop by.

Thats all i got

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=954&pictureid=9531

Never noticed any before, but Ill give it a look next time I drive past there!

Edit: Drove past... there was one nicer looking lifted one sitting there. From the road I didnt see any info posted on it so I didnt bother stopping. Will keep looking there in case he gets others.

Edited by iwashmycar

Thanks!. Seems like the dealers have those sort of "straight off the course" lookin' carts for usually around $3K.

I may be stuck looking private party if I want to be closer to 2..... find an old cart with newer batteries and prey.

I do really want one of those full rain flys as well and do see those pop up private party now and then. A potentially decent one on Facebook at the moment for 2400. Depends on the batteries I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

So I called up Ice's buddy and went and checked out an extra cart he had in a trailer. 2007 36V EZGO. For $600 I decided to take the chance on it.

Pics from that day:

LyIPBnIl.jpg

UkjclhYl.jpg

lNUvQhYl.jpg

ffED0Pbl.jpg

Nicest guy ever, he delivered it from Whitehall up to the house in Lewis Center later one night after work.

Started taking things apart.

fqQI1twl.jpg

B2BBSzYl.jpg

Did a little powerwashing and just 303'd the plastic stuff

S87euLTl.jpg

EbYjyKRl.jpg

Cleaned this up somewhat decently - Fluid Filmed the metal

ZHYnOaal.jpg

New batteries

NA9Gn3gl.jpg

Took the rear seat off for now. I cant have this thing sticking off the back or it wont fit in my garage - I think I am going to chop off the foot rest or modify it to hinge up sometime soon. It is also HEAVY as hell.

NOlQSrwl.jpg

Cut in some lights, generously given to me with the cart

RfcDZrOl.jpg

E1087CDl.jpg

Lights in, and redid the seat in black

I3S4nLwl.jpg

The "3 car garage"lol - going to throw a black roof on it

C8oYh9Kl.jpg

Then some more big boxes showed up :fuckyeah:

QxDB2Nvl.jpg

YES

nWFhAOZl.jpg

pSilvEPl.jpg

So there we are. Im all in this at around $2K. Its clean and works great. Should get the job done nicely.

Awesome transformation. Those headlights are great, and it's amazing what a set of wheels does. Can't see one pic, did you recover the seat or replace??

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I recovered it. That was probably the hardest part. Wore holes in two of my fingers taking the hundreds of staples out lol

He had also given me two newer arm rests so those went on as well.

That is a really cool transformation! Not surprisingly, the wheels really make the look. How much range is expected out of a full charge on newer batteries?

I know people say to get the gas golf cars, but if you're going on 1-3mile local trips batteries seem like a low maintenance solution.

thats awesome man! did it NEED new batteries, or you just did it as maintenance?

Yeah they were totally dead and not even in the cart. He gave them to me to use for cores so that was nice. At least now I know they are in top shape. I also threw new cables on since they were cheap.

One thing I regret was buying a cheapo eBay charger - it works fine but is slow like a 5A trickle charger. It wont shut off when done either so I have to monitor it closely. Ill probably dump the $300 or so it takes to get a good one that automatically goes to float mode once they are charged so I can set it and forget it. This will be more necessary once/ if we go back to the office and this serves as my year round work daily.

That is a really cool transformation! Not surprisingly, the wheels really make the look. How much range is expected out of a full charge on newer batteries?

I know people say to get the gas golf cars, but if you're going on 1-3mile local trips batteries seem like a low maintenance solution.

I think they say twenty-some to 30 miles. Ive only cruised around a little and done maybe two miles at a time and they hardly go down any...like 1/2 a volt.

Looks great man. I’m glad you like it and worked out for both of you.

Yes, thanks again for the connection!