FBM - dealer ads, super cheap?

zeitgeist57

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3237538402925826/

I've noticed this ad, as well as a bunch from Nissan North, on FB Marketplace advertising $10-30k vehicles for sub $4k. I wasn't born off the back of a turnip truck last yesterday, but is there some reason why they're baiting the marketplace like this?

I'd be pissed if I was looking for a squarebody and some idiot at Taylor Automotive pulled the old "Oops! It's actually $12,200" switcheroo on me. :lol:

ive tried to call them on these ads as well and they do not answer and play dumb, I think someone is trolling them hard

If I have to chose the more likely situation of a buy-here-pay-here lot being shady with adds and someone trolling them I know which one I'm picking.

Nah. It's a FBM thing. When we sold the '76 that was listed on here a few months back FBM wouldn't let me list it for more than $4k so I put "$1234" then the first thing in the ad in all caps was "ACTUAL PRICE $12,500. FACEBOOK WILL NOT ALLOW FOR THE PROPER ASKING PRICE TO BE LISTED DUE TO THE AGE OF THE VEHICLE."

I got message after message after message of folks asking if I'd take $1200 (34 bucks difference? :wtf:) or $1k or folks would say, "I have cash now. Can meet today." I'd ask if they took the time to read the ad, explained the situation, and told them the real asking price, then they'd go full PWT and cuss me out or say I was baiting or the things that have been said in this thread.

If y'all want someone to blame blame The Zuck. Yeah, stealerships do what they can to get more views/potential buyers, but this one may honestly be that FBM won't let them and some morons out there think they'll get vehicles for 10% of what they're worth.

That's really weird it won't let you list it for more, but will let you list it for less. Usually most scams are cars being listed for too low to be true prices.

Yup. It was infuriating TBH. First time I had a problem selling on there but it also made me realize all those folks/ads I've hated for listing for less than asking or putting something like "$1234" or "$1111" prob dealt with the same BS I did. It was a month of the most pover folks thinking they were getting a mint specimen for pennies. I was SO glad when it sold to a guy who knew what it was, showed up with cash, and was happy to have found it.

Also they are selling 20-40k trucks with listing price of 2500 so its not a matter of fbm telling them they cant list a price, they are downright just scums trying to get traffic.

I have been unsuccessful in blocking there listings as well due to some issue with fb system.

Annoying as ive been activly looking for trucks and this spam crap fills it up

...so its not a matter of fbm telling them they cant list a price, they are downright just scums trying to get traffic.

On vintage vehicles it will only allow a price in the KBB range. That's all we were saying. In this instance a K10 would in fact not be able to be posted for anything outside that range which $12,200 would most definitely be.

On vintage vehicles it will only allow a price in the KBB range. That's all we were saying. In this instance a K10 would in fact not be able to be posted for anything outside that range which $12,200 would most definitely be.

Understandble most of what "nissan north" is posting though is 90 2000 and 2010+ trucks with a few "classics" with no mention of the true price in the add