Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

Not a shocker.

The past two months or so, it seems everyone has forgotten about Covid. I drive past bars that are full, restaurants packed, and people all over my Facebook feed holding large get togethers.

Since this started, I haven’t been inside anywhere aside from the grocery store, or something auto related. Always with a mask. Zero meet ups with friends. Had to attend a funeral yesterday, and of course there was a family of 4 who refused to wear a mask. One of those people went to a gathering of 50 two months back, and it ended up sending a family member to the hospital with covid who past away.

Weird time to be alive. People armed with Facebook memes, and google are suddenly experts on everything.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a shocker.

The past two months or so, it seems everyone has forgotten about Covid. I drive past bars that are full, restaurants packed, and people all over my Facebook feed holding large get togethers.

Since this started, I haven’t been inside anywhere aside from the grocery store, or something auto related. Always with a mask. Zero meet ups with friends. Had to attend a funeral yesterday, and of course there was a family of 4 who refused to wear a mask. One of those people went to a gathering of 50 two months back, and it ended up sending a family member to the hospital with covid who past away.

Weird time to be alive. People armed with Facebook memes, and google are suddenly experts on everything.

Preach!

and well this just happened because of it. https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/ohio/health-director-signs-order-limiting-mass-gatherings-in-ohio/530-57910a75-2c3a-421c-8486-7226c733eabf

Same limits were done here in MI yesterday and there are already Republicans calling for the Governor to be impeached, as well as a Trump official saying citizens need to "rise up" to resist the orders. The only difference between Michigan's policy and many other US states is a Democratic Governor.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

and of course there was a family of 4 who refused to wear a mask. One of those people went to a gathering of 50 two months back, and it ended up sending a family member to the hospital with covid who past away.

Jesus people are fucking retarded!!! i wish the stupid ones would be the ones to catch it and die.

Jesus people are fucking retarded!!! i wish the stupid ones would be the ones to catch it and die.

100% morons.

These are people that share 100% false information, as if it’s truth. This is how they live daily life, spreading bullshit to other morons.

If they were to catch it, my guess is they would claim it’s something else. Shit heads.

100% morons.

These are people that share 100% false information, as if it’s truth. This is how they live daily life, spreading bullshit to other morons.

If they were to catch it, my guess is they would claim it’s something else. Shit heads.

There's a Russian troll farm somewhere laughing their asses off at how easily they can swing opinions in the US and cause disruption.

This kind of stuff drives me nuts though. It's all half measures. Like, where do these arbitrary numbers come from?

-Guests must be seated > Does it spread more when you're standing?

-Must wear a mask unless eating or drinking > Its a wedding. Of course I'm gonna be drinking.

-No more than 10 people at a table. > Why not 8? or 12?

Listen, if you're gonna implement lockdown procedures (and I'm not saying your shouldn't), then lets get serious and lock shit down. At this point, I feel like a lot of these are just paying lip service to make it look as though the officials are trying to do something. Lock it all down, or open it all up. Quit with this middle of the road shit.

There's a Russian troll farm somewhere laughing their asses off at how easily they can swing opinions in the US and cause disruption.

Can't blame the russians for all of this - look how many dipshits are in this thread talking about how they don't think it's serious or they think it's some political plot. These are your friends and neighbors, not russian trolls, and this is what happens when a health crisis is presented as a political issue to people who want to see everything as a political issue.

There's ALWAYS a nursing shortage but now its even worse. I have never worked in HR, but it had always seemed to me that hospitals focus 90% of their efforts on recruitment and 10% on retention, which makes zero sense to me. Nurses are leaving the bedside in swarms.

My wife's dept at Mount Carmel is finally offering a "small" retention bonus that pays immediately plus another one if you stay for the whole 12 months. Its not as much as it should be but its a start.

Lock it all down, or open it all up. Quit with this middle of the road shit.

I think you play the middle of the road to try and keep these businesses afloat. You and I both know that this thing isn't going away "real" soon and to lock it down for weeks on end, multiple times puts a large % of these businesses OUT of business. I think you play the gray area just enough to keep the hospitals from blowing up and nothing more. Obviously trying to do this is far from an exact science. (Im not saying they aren't doing dumb things but you have to start somewhere). Once you get the cases "just" under control then you try and start convincing people the vaccine is in everyone's best interest to get back to "normal". Thats my $.02 trying to see both sides of the problem.

This kind of stuff drives me nuts though. It's all half measures. Like, where do these arbitrary numbers come from?

-Guests must be seated > Does it spread more when you're standing?

-Must wear a mask unless eating or drinking > Its a wedding. Of course I'm gonna be drinking.

-No more than 10 people at a table. > Why not 8? or 12?

Listen, if you're gonna implement lockdown procedures (and I'm not saying your shouldn't), then lets get serious and lock shit down. At this point, I feel like a lot of these are just paying lip service to make it look as though the officials are trying to do something. Lock it all down, or open it all up. Quit with this middle of the road shit.

It's things like this that drive confusion and the general "dumbfuckery" IMHO. People get rules mixed up, try to cite this or that as a reference and just generally have no fucking idea. I keep it simple, I stay the fuck at home unless work makes me go out and about. I always have a mask on except when actively eating or drinking and aside from that I just avoid all people.

Same limits were done here in MI yesterday and there are already Republicans calling for the Governor to be impeached, as well as a Trump official saying citizens need to "rise up" to resist the orders. The only difference between Michigan's policy and many other US states is a Democratic Governor.

What Trump official is saying that?

What Trump official is saying that?
Dr. Scott Atlas, a member of President Donald Trump's White House Coronavirus Task Force, said in a tweet that Michigan should "rise up" after new COVID-19 restrictions were announced on Sunday night.1b43c9ece96bbf976a185b29c29d023c.jpg

lulz. i wonder who still went to c&c and der dutchman.

Isn't that outside? Outside shouldn't mean shit. It's the indoor gatherings that are the issue. Unless you're just in a huge mass of people, you know, like the fucking riots they had... :lol:

I am now unable to be there for the birth of my son on Friday. EAD Dewine and anyone that didn’t work towards fixing the Ohio Health/VA agreement. If we were able to deliver in Delaware like the last one, I’d be allowed there.

Sounds like a Franklin county issue and not a DeWine (Ohio) issue? Either way that sucks man

I am now unable to be there for the birth of my son on Friday. EAD Dewine and anyone that didn’t work towards fixing the Ohio Health/VA agreement. If we were able to deliver in Delaware like the last one, I’d be allowed there.
Yea, seems strange. Even in our worst lockdowns in MI they allowed the father to be present, but not extended family. Hopefully they clear this up for you.

Were you not chosen as the support person? Or did they change policy and not update their page?

Visitor Policy Changes Due to COVID-19:^Maternity patients are limited to one support person, who may stay at the hospital for the duration of the stay. But, if support people exit, they will need to wait to re-enter the next day.^If the mother is a minor, she can have a parent or guardian visitor in addition to the father of the baby. Care sites with NICUs will follow Nationwide Children’s Hospital visitor management policy.

https://www.ohiohealth.com/locations/hospitals/riverside-methodist-hospital/our-healthcare-services/maternity/