eBay body panels? Painted?

zeitgeist57

Wifey picked up another small accident that involves the left rear bumper corner on our 2012 Odyssey. No damage to the body or tailgate, but a solid "Camry-bump" that cracked the plastic. We've been to Kevin's a few times in the last 18 months :lol:...given this is a plastic bumper and impact support, I'm looking to do this myself.

Used bumpers from Car-Part would have to still be prepped/painted, and they are still $300-400+. Has anyone either bought a direct-fit (non-OEM) painted body panel from eBay? I'd be wary of non-OEM doors, fenders as your having to match up a lot of body lines. But for a bumper where it's hanging off the back and likely going to be damaged again, I'm inclined to give it a try.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2011-2016-HONDA-ODYSSEY-Rear-Bumper-w-Sensor-Holes-COVER-Painted/264695313620?fits=Year%3A2012%7CModel%3AOdyssey%7CMake%3AHonda&var=564502647789&hash=item3da111f4d4:m:menVHiSCMb6SZraM1eFsWqA

Interested in personal experiences. Thank you!

Depending on batches, the paint may be a match or close enough, depends on how particular you are. My FIL got quite a few painted OEM and non-OEM parts from amazon and ebay with varying degrees of success on the match.

After a bit of YouTubing, it seems like MBI Auto is a popular vendor on eBay and Amazon of painted bumpers. Yes, it looks like hit-or-miss on the folded, painted bumpers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Painted-To-Match-Rear-Bumper-Replacement-for-2011-2017-Honda-Odyssey-Touring/333506825042?var=542604870690&hash=item4da68e4b52:m:mn0_Uq_wxmWxB6TmPgmbzyQ

I checked Amazon as well...no folded bumpers, so I'll probably go with the "Premium" bumper option where it's shipped regularly.

The girlfriend sideswiped someone in her civic and I got one of those pre-painted fenders off of one of those companies. Her car is a dark gray. The paint is pretty close but not exact. I notice a difference but she says she cant see a difference.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seems like Kevin would be cheaper and have better results

I'll still get a quote from Kevin. Compare DIY to his rate.

I got some primered panels on eBay for what seemed to good to be true. Got some duplicolor OEM color and clear in cans. Results were great.

Also something I noted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Primered-Rear-Bumper-Replacement-for-2011-2017-Honda-Odyssey-11-17-W-Park/282652082065?fits=Year%3A2012%7CModel%3AOdyssey%7CSubmodel%3ATouring%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item41cf607f91:g:pZMAAOSwnB1ZuWiS

I wouldn't mind having pre-painted to eliminate the risk I run of messing up the paint and/or clear. It's a big butt.

Thanks and keep the reviews coming!