Someone finally did it - Rent a bay for car work

iwashmycar

Really cool, figures it happens when I have decided to install a lift.

Delaware wouldn't be super convenient for some of us to drive for a random car repair, but maybe this will revive the old tradition of "mod days"! I would definitely drive for that.

Hopefully it's successful and more follow suit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Still wonder the premium That Insurance policy has to be pulling

This, I had a lengthy discussion with a co-worker once about the amount of upfront capital it would take to start a business like this. Our conclusion was that the insurance policy would cost somewhere in the millions once you figure up all of the potential things that could go wrong.

Military bases have a similar setup that we could use. We could rent flat stalls or lift stalls and the cost was very cheap. We had access to paint stalls, welding stations, pretty much anything you could think of automotive wise. Nice to see someone give it a try in the civilian side.

This, I had a lengthy discussion with a co-worker once about the amount of upfront capital it would take to start a business like this. Our conclusion was that the insurance policy would cost somewhere in the millions once you figure up all of the potential things that could go wrong.

Military bases have a similar setup that we could use. We could rent flat stalls or lift stalls and the cost was very cheap. We had access to paint stalls, welding stations, pretty much anything you could think of automotive wise. Nice to see someone give it a try in the civilian side.

Yeah man, the auto skills centers were a god send when I was in the barracks. Did all of my maintenance in there and even swapped a rear diff in my buddies 4runner.

That being said, for even how cheap that was, it was almost too expensive to use, especially if you're car stayed over night or for a few days. You could afford a lift after a few big projects.

It will be interesting when Joe rust bucket shows up and breaks a critical part to keep the vehicle mobile and can't get one for a week and the car is essentially stranded.
I wonder if there's a provision in place for an outdoor lot to store vehicles in this situation? They could do a lower daily storage rate, and a strict time limit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It will be interesting when Joe rust bucket shows up and breaks a critical part to keep the vehicle mobile and can't get one for a week and the car is essentially stranded.

This happened all the time at the base hobby shops. Snap a bolt on your suspension while installing coilovers and you end up getting raped on storage fees while you wait to have another chance to work on it.

I just wanna know why everything is in Delaware. Might as well be a different time zone.