Building A Race Car Fun

wagner

Nice man! That LS7 headed motor sounds sexy. Do you have cam specs yet? Or should I wait for the next article? ;)

I don't even know the cam specs yet, SAM hasn't told me what they are putting in there.

COVID has made this project difficult so communication has been a challenge. I'm still waiting on a lot of parts and SAM hasn't been able to start the machining process yet.

Cool project, interested to see what kind of power it makes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SAMTECH thinks it will make about 800 on the engine dyno spinning it to 7,500 on race gas. The biggest goal with this engine is reliability and ease of maintenance.

SAMTECH thinks it will make about 800 on the engine dyno spinning it to 7,500 on race gas. The biggest goal with this engine is reliability and ease of maintenance.

Sounds about right. MIGHT be able to do 800 on 93, no? Depends on CR I guess.

Sounds about right. MIGHT be able to do 800 on 93, no? Depends on CR I guess.

We're at like 13:1 I think on compression ratio. The type of fuel was actually the 2nd question SAMTECH asked about and they were very adamant about not using pump gas for the build.

Could it be done, yes, but it really tightens up the tuning window to the point where if you make a Mcsteak bad things happen.