Classy German Diesel with 140k+ on the ODO gets restored

TTQ B4U

So a long time member of CR, Chad Blount found a super deal on a 2011 VW Touareg TDI including over 47k in additional warranty left on this beast. Keep in mind she clocks-in here with over 140 on the odometer too.

Loaded with all the goodies from the Executive package including 20" wheels this beast not only can pull but she looks great. Timeless design really. Inside the seats look like they have maybe 15k miles on them it's that nice.

Outside however, Chad was really in need of getting her some love and thanks to many of you on the CR FB Group he put his trust in me to bring her back and shave off a few years of scrapes, fading, swirl city and then some.

Being this is his daily driver and budget is always a factor, we selected my Premium Enhancement Polish Package combined with a dual layer ceramic coating. He also added in a trim restoration and coating to bring the before very faded plastics on the outside back. One last thing were the roof rails that are anodized aluminum and on many German Brands they were badly stained. Patrick had this on his TDI Wagon and just like there, I knew I could fix them up like new.

Pics tell a thousand words, so onto them vs more text.

As you can see the starting point overall was rough and amplified by it being a pure black color.

The doors were really bad

original.jpg

The Hood wasn't much better

original.jpg

With a little love (lots of sweat) and some help from my new Flex XCE Polisher and some great CarPro Products, she's like new again.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Trim coatings are by far one of the best options to pick

original.jpg

Reflections off the Hood

original.jpg

original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

Dude. Did the previous owners wash it with a scotch-brite pad? Looks great as always.

Haha! right? That particular door had some work done to it. Body filler and paint work for sure. Looking at it, someone tried to wet sand that thing with rocks. I clearly wasn't going to be able to fix that completely but unless one put the "ugly lights" on it like I do when detailing, it's hidden from view. May be worth getting re-sprayed depending on how he feels or how long he wants to keep it. It's pure black so it will be easy to match and relatively inexpensive. I gave him Kevin Clifford's info.

Great work. Tim, which xce did you get, corded or cordless?

Corded XCE 10-8-125. Would love to go cordless and may have to try it sometime but the drop in power is too much vs what I'm used to. I'm also not sure of the ergonomics with the battery at the end.

The new XCE is already just a slight tick slower than the 3401 BEAST but it's actually quite good. Load quieter, not as much "gearing" noise and a little smoother due to the slightly slower speed. They say it runs cooler and it does but after about an hour or so it too heats up. That's never been a concern though.

Edited by TTQ B4U