Looking to borrow/rent a tow vehicle.

Draco-REX

This is a crazy request, and I'm not holding much hope, but here it is:

I need to tow a car on a trailer to Topeka Kansas and back. I'm estimating 1400-1600 miles. Going through Enterprise or U-Haul it'll cost at least 900$ just on rental fees. I'd need it from 8/12 to 8/17. I'm providing the trailer, I just need something to pull it. I'm willing to pay $500.

I know I'm asking a LOT, but I'm almost out of options at this point.

Thanks.

$900 seems pretty spot on considering just basic reimbursable mileage rate is .58. Let alone the risk of any damage or failures along the way. At least with say a rental company if something does happen you are covered and they could get you another vehicle.

I would not want to be 500+ miles from home with a car on a trailer and have a failure that puts me on the side of the road with someone elses vehicle to boot

What about uShip or whatever it is? Maybe someone can just deliver what you are getting?

I dont know how that works at all...Im just thinking "Shipping Wars" show.

He has to take it there and back , would probably cost double to ship both ways

How heavy will it be? Would my V6 ‘01 Silverado longbed be too weak to tow? 4L60, 4-wheel disc brakes, A/C fully charged with Freon but still doesn’t work, doe...

Thanks. It's a steel single car trailer and my MR2 Spyder.

But after a compression test and some research I think I'm going to drive it. It will just be easier for everyone.

Thank you all for your help.