Turbo F-Body Things

wagner

So Cordell and I are switching my car over to a single turbo and using his old Camaro engine.

Long story short, my nitrous LS1 engine had a moment so it got yanked and I got the bright idea to just redo the car.

Info and things:

https://www.dragzine.com/news/rising-from-the-ashes-project-red-dragon-is-getting-some-boost/

DOOD...you're turning it up to 11 with that turbo kit! Well written article, Wags.

Question I've always wondered: do COMP Cams and some of the parts providers give you the stuff for free, or what is a usual discount? I know not every magazine/YouTuber is super-sponsored, but curious what the general deals are.

DOOD...you're turning it up to 11 with that turbo kit! Well written article, Wags.

Question I've always wondered: do COMP Cams and some of the parts providers give you the stuff for free, or what is a usual discount? I know not every magazine/YouTuber is super-sponsored, but curious what the general deals are.

The majority of the tech articles you see in the automotive media that involve parts are pay to play. That means the company provides the parts you are going to use. There are some instances where the person has to buy some or all of the stuff at a discounted price.

For all of our builds there are some parts we have to purchase at a discount, I've got a few on this build.

You also run into situations where the parts you want to use and the ones you have to use are not the same, ran into that before as well.

This one's going to be interesting because as far as I know nobody has every done what we're doing with the fuel system before on an f-body like this.

My original pumbing plan ended up not being the best overall fit so the one Scott came up with is going to be the one we use. That's something I'm going to talk about in the article for sure.

With this setup on medium boost the car should run mid 9s. If we turn it up, it should run bottom 9s if the track is there.

Not looking forward to tearing the interior out for that 8.50 cert cage...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...