C6 Z06 head fix

Agent Orange

So the issue is a valve guide problem that may result in dropping a valve. You will find all kinds of opposing info online as to how common it may or may not have been, how to do the wiggle test, etc. For me, it is enough of a concern to either buy a car with the heads already "fixed" or budget enough in your purchase price to have it done yourself. Really, you get to have ported heads, more power, and less worry. The LS7 is a very special motor in a lot of ways, but this is the one thing to be a bit concerned about IMHO. I'd rather have ported heads with the valve guides fixed than drop a valve any day.

When mine was diagnosed with worn stem/guide, there was only a few that actually needed replacement. GM wouldn't replace the valves and, per Danny Popp's suggestion, all 8 were replaced with Ferrea stainless steel valves along with new guides. The work were done under warranty and I paid for the valves.

Buy car, remove heads, send to Advanced Inductions, reinstall with or without a cam, profit.

Yes it’s real, yes it will happen, I won’t be ready to buy another car for few years but this is one of the top 2-3 cars I want. Doing the heads is exactly what should happen with any LS7.

Picked up a bone stock 08 C6Z with 22,xxx on it. Drove it for about 4 months then parked it just to be on the safe side. Purchased RPM stage 3 package with their B3 cam and AI heads with full exhaust and Vararam intake. Best decision I could have made! Car makes crazy power and is AMAZING to drive. You don't have to go that far as modding, but I would definitely prepare for the heads to be done inside of your "purchase price"