Classy 5.0 Gets Restored Inside & Out

TTQ B4U

So a referral from a previous customer picked up a new to him 2017 Genesis G80 5.0L V8 in Caspian Black Metallic with a great looking sandstone interior with black accents with about 40k miles on it and asked that I look it over for correction services. The upside was overall it appeared clean but the devil is in those details and even a light layer of road grime hides a LOT of imperfections. Pun intended.

Once I began to clean and decontaminate it, the devil began to reveal itself. The major hurdle to helping bring this beast back to looking sharp was overcoming the fact that the previous owner or perhaps the dealer scoured the entire lower half of the vehicle including the front and rear bumper covers with a scotch-brite pad or something similar and very abrasive. The scratches were deep and covered every inch in a very uniform pattern from mid-door level down including the rocker/kick panels.

The initial plan was to go with my Premium Enhancement Polish as they could live with less than perfection for a daily driver. We had to augment the plan a bit to account for quite a bit of compounding as it was clear that a one-step wasn't going to help much. To help protect it going forward the owner went with a dual layer ceramic coating on the paint and wheels thus making everything much easier to clean and of course look awesome.

Inside the plan was pretty straight forward with a full steam cleaning, leather conditioning and once over from top to bottom to remove quite a bit of embedded grime that light colored interiors tend to trap. Thankfully no surprises inside and all went as planned and my new equipment did so well, the final rinse extraction was nearly clear water.

Overall the car turned out beautiful and the owner was more than pleased. I will say my opinion of the G80 jumped up a few notches too as it's a fine comparison to the 5-Series or even an Audi A6. There really is something to be said for a powerful linear V8 too. Now onto the pics!

Let's start with the carnage. Detailer tip of the day, do NOT use an abrasive pad to remove anything from your vehicles finish. WOW!

original.jpg

original.jpg

The vehicle was so bad and hiding so much that I used 2 pads per panel, 6 on the hood. These are going to be fun to clean.

original.jpg

Outside, I love the profile. Wheels could be sportier but I like the satin nickle trim with a slight bronze tint to it.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Wheels are very similar in finish to the trim. They polished up very well and overall are super clean.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Inside came out great! I was very pleased with it as was the owner. Seats were coated so as to protect them from future dirt and especially dye transfer from blue jeans which is the main driver behind the product I used. Not so many pics of as I wanted to finish up and shower. LOL!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Jesus I cant believe that all came out! amazing work Tim!

Thank you. Me too. Overall, great turnout and happy to see it looking sharp. Here are a couple other shots of after. Clarity is good and correction in most all areas solid. Have to call it quits at some point as perfection wasn't the goal but it is a save.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Very nice!

Did anyone else expect some sort of fancy Foxbody? LOL

Thank you sir! LOL on the Foxbody play :)