WTB: box or 2 of cci 22lr quiet or suppressor ammo

gillbot

F’n pandemic and hoarders. I snagged a small box of these pre-pandemic and gave them to my neighbor who uses them to dispatch pests (raccoon, possum, etc) that terrorize the neighborhood. He’s out and I can’t find them or anything close anywhere. Anyone got some hoarded away? Willing to drive a good way and pay a fair price for a box.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/quiet-22/6-960.html

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/22_suppressor/6-957.html

Edited by gillbot

I have a ton of 22 shorts if that fills the bill.

I've seen a few shorts out FS and i'll try those next if I can't source any of the quiet or supressor rated rounds, but thanks much for the offer!

Also, look into 22lr shot shells, depending on how large a varmint you're going after.

Racoons mostly, occasionally possum. I've seen those and we both like the quiet but they won't cycle a semi-auto. I was going to try the supressor version which reviews say they are nearly as quiet but will cycle a semi-auto.

Quiet has a velocity of 710, Supressor is 970. I have some standard velocity that are rated at 1070, might just say F it and use those.

Next time i'm out i'll probably grab some of the shotshells. May as well try those too.

They tear up his pool and his backyard faces our house so he doesn’t openly shoot them. He sets a box trap then takes them to the wood line and dispatches them.

My back yard is open and I’ve considered sitting out there at night to see what I can get. Wonder if my 22 pellet gun would have enough power?

I have thinned out six in a week from a problem area on our property. The issue for more comes in seeing them to take the shot. Rarely will you get a daytime shot. I bait them and have them on trail cam to know when they will be there. Night vision and a IR light are where it’s at for me. I shoot a round that is less than half the size of a .22, a 17gn bullet. A pellet gun and shot placement are plenty for a coon.

It's on sale now at 7 a box for cci 40gr quiet and 10 a box for eley 40gr subsonic

Might look into the Aguila 60gr subsonic loads. I can't speak to how MUCH quieter they are, but they are quieter and will cycle a 10/22 or Woodsman pistol.

Thanks for the heads up!