WTB - 1 Ton Diesel

Todd#43

You dont have a 6.0 black crew cab long bed with black interior 4wd by chance. Been looking for one forever i can find a 7.3 stroke. and tan interior 6.0's but i dont want that. Looking to spend 30k or less

Edited by f4isvt

Ok...I'll bite...why?

While I'm on the subject, how many miles is "too many" on one of these? I've been seeing plenty of them with over 200k for decent money. Is that a problem?

The 6.0 was an epic failure. Check out www.dieselstop.com and just do some searching on them. They were REALLY bad when they first came into existance. But, had a buddy with a new 07 and he had three issues. Two water pump issues and an injector issue...

Buddy has the 6.4 and he can't say enough about it. I have the 7.3 and it is actually my second one as I decided to not buy a new 6.0. Glad I didn't...

These diesels are starting to be broken in at about 100k... 200k is a little much if priced well... I had mine go over 320k before I sold it - had it from day one new - and sold it to my buddy. He had to replace the tranny after he bought it. I had NO issues and we used that fucking thing all the years of racing and traveling across country.

The one I have now has had a few issues. My front hub bearings went bad. Typical of duallies after 100k... Had a turbo go bad. Essentially was my fault. Did the crankcase breather mod and it got packed with snow (while horse plaing with my son in a parking lot) and it built up pressure and blew gaskets and seals. BAD thing to have happen, but worked out, got a bigger turbo, high performance build on it and got a new chip and such... Better than before...

I love the Fords, but a friend had a Duramax and it is really nice. Shit, the new F150s are the shit, too...

The 6.0 was an epic failure. Check out www.dieselstop.com and just do some searching on them. They were REALLY bad when they first came into existance. But, had a buddy with a new 07 and he had three issues. Two water pump issues and an injector issue...

Buddy has the 6.4 and he can't say enough about it. I have the 7.3 and it is actually my second one as I decided to not buy a new 6.0. Glad I didn't...

These diesels are starting to be broken in at about 100k... 200k is a little much if priced well... I had mine go over 320k before I sold it - had it from day one new - and sold it to my buddy. He had to replace the tranny after he bought it. I had NO issues and we used that fucking thing all the years of racing and traveling across country.

The one I have now has had a few issues. My front hub bearings went bad. Typical of duallies after 100k... Had a turbo go bad. Essentially was my fault. Did the crankcase breather mod and it got packed with snow (while horse plaing with my son in a parking lot) and it built up pressure and blew gaskets and seals. BAD thing to have happen, but worked out, got a bigger turbo, high performance build on it and got a new chip and such... Better than before...

I love the Fords, but a friend had a Duramax and it is really nice. Shit, the new F150s are the shit, too...

Good info. Actually, I forgot about the 6.0 issues. We had one at MPH for a while and finally traded it in on a Duramax. Nice truck.

http://www.magnamtruck.com/index.htm

Check them out they are located in Lima, Oh. Good people, easy to deal with over the phone. They have a ton of trucks there, just because you don't see it on their website doesn't mean they don't have what your looking for give them a call.

I've found a few in the low 200k mileage range for under $10K. I think I might go look at some this weekend.

me (josh) shawn or John. it doesnt really matter...The truck looks like its had a bedliner in it a while (the liner has been used) and it has a gooseneck in it.

Todd-

Try and avoid any truck with a receiver for a goose neck. Typically, they have been used to haul heavy loads and you never know if they were used a LOT or a little...

I ever see a gooseneck receiver and don't know the owner and how they towed? I walk away.

Eh....

I've done my thing with Mercedes-Daimler-Chrysler-Obama-UAW-Fiat Motors (or whoever they are this month).

That's a mistake I really dont want to repeat.

let me guess transmission??

they seem to have it all worked out now.......

Todd-

Try and avoid any truck with a receiver for a goose neck. Typically, they have been used to haul heavy loads and you never know if they were used a LOT or a little...

I ever see a gooseneck receiver and don't know the owner and how they towed? I walk away.

Good idea, but not practical - at least when you're looking at a used truck. I mean, do people really buy these things just for daily drivers? I'd expect anything I buy used would have been used for its intended purpose, you know?

let me guess transmission??

they seem to have it all worked out now.......

Nahhhh...not transmission issues.

Long story but basically the car was a piece of shit. Now that the government and the UAW "own" them, I'd never buy something from them.

Good idea, but not practical - at least when you're looking at a used truck. I mean, do people really buy these things just for daily drivers? I'd expect anything I buy used would have been used for its intended purpose, you know?

true

maybe be 5% of the people that buy diesel dont use them.... if you buy a diesel truck its for a purpose...you have something to tow/pull

im soon to be in the market for one just cuz i have always wanted one. but we do have the farm and im sure if i wanted a trailor to borrow i could.