Utah Vacation Pics. Moab. Arches. Bonneville

cruizin01

Seems like we have a bunch of outdoor lovers here so I figured Id post some pics from our trip last week. We were actually supposed to go to Oregon last week but because of the fire we decided not to go. So I had 48 hrs to cancel and rebook a vacation with the airfare that we couldn't change. Luckily we had a connector in SLC so we just kept it and gave up the other part of the flights. I was able to book an ABNB in Moab and near Park City to split up our time.

Oh and a 1.5L GMC Terrain is a huge piece of HOT Garbage!

Im lazy tonight so Im not gonna detail every pic but if you have any questions or want more info lmk.

PuqSQSch.jpg

LFA0CAKh.jpg

qqt2OJIh.jpg

OPjBYxqh.jpg

uAqF9r5h.jpg

QELQFaIh.jpg

MJZUsHzh.jpg

okMSKHyh.jpg

mJtKmQHh.jpg

5UR1i0Hh.jpg

O7R6eDCh.jpg

Ntk2SPmh.jpg

Awesome! Which trails are those?

We did a big 'out west' trip a few years ago, 3 weeks going around to many of the national parks in that area. We spent a few days in Moab too and rented a Jeep for 24 hours, overnight. We did Chicken Corners, then we were going to camp at Wind Caves. But there were a billion no-see-ums there so we came back to a BLM site half way back to town. Then the next day we did Fins & Things.

We were in Needles before that and it's one of our favorite places form the trip. I really want to go back and do a week off-roading in The Maze at some point.

Definitely a memorable trip and time.

Awesome! Which trails are those?

We did a big 'out west' trip a few years ago, 3 weeks going around to many of the national parks in that area. We spent a few days in Moab too and rented a Jeep for 24 hours, overnight. We did Chicken Corners, then we were going to camp at Wind Caves. But there were a billion no-see-ums there so we came back to a BLM site half way back to town. Then the next day we did Fins & Things.

We were in Needles before that and it's one of our favorite places form the trip. I really want to go back and do a week off-roading in The Maze at some point.

Definitely a memorable trip and time.

foot, vehicle or sxs trails?

We have an office in Lake Park where I was lucky enough to visit last October. SLC, LP and Park City were beautiful. Didn't get to make it out to the flats, but Silver Lake atop Big Cottonwood Canyon was amazing. I have some great photos from there as well. Actually, you can't take a bad picture of the scenery out there. Looks like you had a great trip too!

SxS, I'm assuming that was around Moab?

The one with the big horseshoe with vehicle looks interesting too.

The sxs trails were mostly on those trails you mentioned. Chicken Corners and then out at the sand flats. Thats about all we could get in, in 8 hrs. (Plus those Kawasaki TRX1000's dont have accurate fuel gauges so there was some range anxiety since I didn't know the machine that well)

The two good dirt trails we took in the rental were Long Canyon Trail "rd" and Shafer Trail. Shafer runs all the way to Canyon lands (Island in the sky area). The Long Canyon rd is kinda sketchy in a rental in 1 spot. I just about stuck us in some sand holes in 1 spot. Overall a couple of awesome roads to drive on.

The sxs trails were mostly on those trails you mentioned. Chicken Corners and then out at the sand flats. Thats about all we could get in, in 8 hrs. (Plus those Kawasaki TRX1000's dont have accurate fuel gauges so there was some range anxiety since I didn't know the machine that well) .

They looked familiar, but it's been a few years so I wasn't 100% sure. They are definitely some fun trails, I bet they were a blast on the SxS.

The two good dirt trails we took in the rental were Long Canyon Trail "rd" and Shafer Trail. Shafer runs all the way to Canyon lands (Island in the sky area). The Long Canyon rd is kinda sketchy in a rental in 1 spot. I just about stuck us in some sand holes in 1 spot. Overall a couple of awesome roads to drive on.

I was also wondering if that was in Island in the Sky, the topography looks like it, but we didn't do any off road trails there. White Rim trail would be fun to do sometime.