Anyone on CR tow cars??

cstmg8

Wife's Mercedes GL450 just broke down on 71 around Sunbury (?). Apparently our AAA membership went from our gold membership to the basic one when the mother-in-law decided to give it to us for Christmas.......

Just curious if anyone has a towing recommendation for 71 north of Columbus to Pickerington, before I rent a trailer and drive up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Apparently the going rate for towing is $4/mile.... I'll be picking it up with a uhaul car hauler.

doesn't basic AAA still offer towing?

Edit: just looked up the basic plan, Towing for 3 miles :lolguy:

Wife's Mercedes GL450 just broke down on 71 around Sunbury (?). Apparently our AAA membership went from our gold membership to the basic one when the mother-in-law decided to give it to us for Christmas.......

Just curious if anyone has a towing recommendation for 71 north of Columbus to Pickerington, before I rent a trailer and drive up.

Call MB, use the SOS button by the rear view mirror. And please update on what’s going on with it.

doesn't basic AAA still offer towing?

Edit: just looked up the basic plan, Towing for 3 miles [emoji38]guy:

Yep, I had no idea. I'd always had the gold plan or whatever, and never had to pay for a tow.

If you towed it to MAG from there, that would be around $100. Renting a car hauler would be more, no?
A flatbed Uhaul is only $55 (plus the hassle)
That's what I did, but hauled it home. She was 6 miles north of the 95 exit. 73 miles from our house in Pickerington.

The bill from MAG would negate the towing savings! Lol

sell wife, sell mercedies.... profit. im kidding. glad you made it back.
It is probably time to sell the Mercedes, I think it's around 130k now. She puts a good 30,000 miles a year on a vehicle, so it's really tough to stay ahead and check all the boxes.

Probably a tough business, but it'd be cool if at all possible to have some sort of real car-guy connection. I know they gotta pay a LOT of insurance, gas, wages ect just moving around automobiles. But at the same time, they (assumptively) make bank when companies like car dealerships and autobody (insurance $$$$$$) foot the bill. Im sure saving people on the side of the freeway is a very small percentage of the business. All speculating but seems common sense.

Believing heavily enough in the forum to support it (which is fantastic) makes us assume things lol

Actually, they were given the Sponsor status in exchange for giving CR members a towing discount. I'm going to guess this is no longer the case based on a $95 hookup fee and $4/mile...

I think they used to give a CR discount. I assume they are paying for their sponsorship like everyone else. Bandwidth and hosting services aren't free.