RIP Hollywood

wagner

Yeah we cut the cord (sort of) maybe 4 years or so ago. Fuck $225 a month for cable. We have WOW so we just run a coax straight to the TV (with $50 interwebs) and get 4, 6, 10, Fox, wtte and wosu in HD, 100 other basic channels in non HD. We also have Sling, Prime, Netflix and Hulu (free though Sprint but we never use it).

I'd say it's probably more of rip to theatres vs Hollywood. Trolls 2 was the first to do the covid straight to digital thing and they made more money in 3 weeks than the first one did in it's first 4 months in theatres. I think all the blockbuster movies will still kill it digitally.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I've always loved the experience of going to the movies. I think it's b/c we never did it growing up so when we did it was a very special occasion so as an adult i would go every Sunday and see a movie and i did that for a long time. But there are some movies that just NEED to be seen in a movie theater, for instance I went to see Tenet in movies a few weeks ago. I was one of two people in the entire theater but it was a great Christopher Nolan flick (if not a bit confusing).

That being said I can really see my self actually investing in some high quality home theater equipment in the near future. With even big movies going direct to streaming services and even some shows and movies being just on streaming services it's pretty obvious.

oh and one of my favorite franchises was the Matrix Trilogy, I have no idea why they'd make a Matrix 4, it was pretty obvious the franchise concluded in Matrix 3 but i'll definitely see it regardless.

Getting shitfaced at home in front of my baller ass setup > sitting next to loud gross strangers in public

The only thing I know of on there is the Raised By Wolves show which looks good

After 3 episodes I just couldn't watch it anymore. It was so boring and uninteresting.

That being said I can really see my self actually investing in some high quality home theater equipment in the near future. With even big movies going direct to streaming services and even some shows and movies being just on streaming services it's pretty obvious.

The problem is getting the streaming services to actually output in the correct format. For instance I have a Sonos ARC, Sub, and two Sonos Ones for rear speakers (definitely not high end stuff but still better quality than most) and the amount of platforms that actually output in Dolby Atmos is abysmal.

The problem is getting the streaming services to actually output in the correct format. For instance I have a Sonos ARC, Sub, and two Sonos Ones for rear speakers (definitely not high end stuff but still better quality than most) and the amount of platforms that actually output in Dolby Atmos is abysmal.

:confused:

My tv speakers play sound fine. :lolguy:

This is a big reason I still use vudu for movies that I really want the full sound experience with.

It plays well through a chromecast ultra on my full atmos setup with the projector. Ford vs Ferrari is fantastic on atmos!

On the note of home theatres, has anyone found a decently priced true 4k (output) projector they like??

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk