Tire/wheel options for Grand Cherokee?

Trouble Maker

Ah, didn't think about the air sus. Looks like the tanks are behind the 2nd row about where some 3rd row legs and feet would go.

Funny news timing.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/01/07/2021-jeep-grand-cherokee-l-three-row-reveal/

Could be a nice 'upgrade' from the Durango in a few years? I honestly don't know the make/model/trim walk in FCA that well, just assuming the GC has a little more feature content, better NVH, etc. than the Durango.

Yeah the GC is more "upscale" in a few ways, however the MY21 interior updates and the Citadel package on the Durango close that gap. The GC has had or gets air suspension, diesel option, and a 2-speed transfer case. Most of the other features are common between the two. The Jeep may have better NVH, but it's probably debatable.

The all-new GC 3-row is unveiled today and starts production as a MY22. Consider that a Jeep version of the Durango while the Dodge will stay on the old architecture and who knows what happens to it in the future.

I really like my Durango, and the MY21 updates made it even better IMO. When the time comes I may just buy another, but it will depend on the prices of the Jeep and a few features that I want.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

...who knows what happens to it in the future.

That's probably more true now than ever in our industry. Good luck with the merger. We are going through a major reorg right now, well major reorg might be an understatement. It's definitely not a boring time to be in this industry.

https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/honda-unifies-manufacturing-operations-and-r-sales-organization-streamlines-auto-sales-and-parts-service-field-operations/

*I didn't read the full article and even if I did I can't and won't comment on the veracity of the info.

I really like my Durango, and the MY21 updates made it even better IMO. When the time comes I may just buy another, but it will depend on the prices of the Jeep and a few features that I want.

At least it's nice there will be any option of GC Long or Durango if you decided to go that route again. :)

That's probably more true now than ever in our industry. Good luck with the merger. We are going through a major reorg right now, well major reorg might be an understatement. It's definitely not a boring time to be in this industry.

https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/honda-unifies-manufacturing-operations-and-r-sales-organization-streamlines-auto-sales-and-parts-service-field-operations/

*I didn't read the full article and even if I did I can't and won't comment on the veracity of the info.

Yeah, we went through a major re-org about 9 months ago too. Still trying to sort that out.

At least it's nice there will be any option of GC Long or Durango if you decided to go that route again. :)

If the MY21 Durango had the Wrangler 4xe PHEV powertrain it would be a done deal for me. However, the GC-L is nice...and the Wagonner/Grand Wagoneer is coming.... (off topic from wheels and tires now lol)

If the MY21 Durango had the Wrangler 4xe PHEV powertrain it would be a done deal for me. However, the GC-L is nice...and the Wagonner/Grand Wagoneer is coming.... (off topic from wheels and tires now lol)

Definitely way off-topic. :)

Is the 21MY Durango the new platform or just big MMC? Or maybe that's what you were saying earlier about Dodge and any new platforms. :(

What all has been announced will get the PHEV powertrain? I thought it was announced the GC would get it at some point. Seems like that points you towards GC long w/PHEV in the future. :nod: Though that's probably a pretty expensive combo, especially since it will likely only be offered on higher trims.

I hadn't read too much about that system, seems interesting (and expensive) with the combo of MHEV (belt-generator, maybe not BSG due to motor in mission?) and FHEV in the mission.

Definitely way off-topic. :)

Is the 21MY Durango the new platform or just big MMC? Or maybe that's what you were saying earlier about Dodge and any new platforms. :(

It's a MCA (Mid Cycle Action) aka "refresh." New dash, head unit (10"), headlamps, front fascia, and radar sensor. Check out some pics of the SRT interior with the forged carbon trim. :)

(At dealerships now)

What all has been announced will get the PHEV powertrain? I thought it was announced the GC would get it at some point. Seems like that points you towards GC long w/PHEV in the future. :nod: Though that's probably a pretty expensive combo, especially since it will likely only be offered on higher trims.

I hadn't read too much about that system, seems interesting (and expensive) with the combo of MHEV (belt-generator, maybe not BSG due to motor in mission?) and FHEV in the mission.

The Car and Driver article references the GC getting a PHEV, the Grand Wagoneer Concept was a PHEV too. Already in production is the Pacifica, Wrangler, and in Europe we sell Compass and Renegade with a PHEV option.

The official live reveal is at noon at youtube.com/jeep ...I'm sure they may give more details there. I've spent the last few years working on the hands-free system (already mentioned in the Car and Driver article).

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35121099/2021-jeep-grand-cherokee-l-revealed/

That interior looks really nice and cohesive, really make me hate the random champagne trim bezels in my GC even more. :lol:

The quilted leather trim in that article about the GC looks really nice too.

Congrats on the (high) Level 2 system coming to market, I'm sure it was a ton of work! Depends on the trim level it's on, but that could bring it down to a relatively low price point.

Thanks, I'll check out the reveal. :nod:

That interior looks really nice and cohesive, really make me hate the random champagne trim bezels in my GC even more. [emoji38]

The quilted leather trim in that article about the GC looks really nice too.

Congrats on the (high) Level 2 system coming to market, I'm sure it was a ton of work! Depends on the trim level it's on, but that could bring it down to a relatively low price point.

Thanks, I'll check out the reveal. :nod:

Quilted leather is on GC Summit trim levels (even current production) and even on the Pacifica Pinnacle.