CR opinion

Mace1647545504

I just bought a 1975 CJ5, and while mine was a fraction of that price, I can tell you they are very uncomfortable to get in and out of, and the buckboard ride should only be tolerated for short distances.

If you REALLY want an old CJ, there are good ones out there for sub $10k...that’s just too much old tech for $25k.

Its worth the price if your a person actually looking at buying or wanting to restore a nearly perfect old school Jeep and don't really have the ability or time to do it.

Otherwise its way over priced and as has been said thats an old, uncomfortable thing to have to tolerate driving/riding in. You'd have to know what you want and this is coming from a guy with a military 6x6, I know what I want and enjoy every minute of mine but its not for most.

I happen to also think it's high priced but here are my reasons:

- no top and doors: For the kind of money he's asking, I expect every top and door option for the cj5. Hardtop, soft top, full doors, half doors, basically everything so you could use the jeep year round if you wanted to.

- Fiberglass body: So this is a funny one. On the one hand fiberglass bodies are cheap, durable, don't rust, and are pretty good quality now a days (in the old days you couldn't get tops to fit because they weren't square). However, jeep "purists" (and I use that term loosely) will always prefer a steel body. There are many who consider a fiberglass body "not a jeep". I personally have mixed feelings, mostly because the cheaper fiberglass bodies can't have rear tailgates like the originals which cuts down on their usefulness. there are fiberglass tubs setup for tailgates but they are way more expensive and at that price point I would rather have a repop metal body (they make aluminum ones now too at $3800).

- How useful is this jeep really?: while a 360 in a short wheelbase CJ5 is a ripper, esp with a 4 speed, it doesn't really have the axles and other stuff to support anything other than light wheeling. Also it's too nice to wheel. that leaves it being an onroad driver which it's not really great at either because it has only a sunrider top, no a/c, short wheelbase, no suspension seats and a giant lift with balloon tires. Basically this guy built his fantasy parking lot cruiser, a mall crawler that isn't an angry eye JKU.

To me this is maybe at most a $15K jeep. There is a lot of work in it, and it's very pretty, but it's not really good any anything except collecting local show car trophies and sitting in a garage making your dick hard while you sit in a lawn chair drinking Coors Light and staring at it.