PA double murder and suicide

Skinner

Awful obviously I've heard a little about this story but didn't dig into it. Apparently there was a lot of back in forth between the two parties. Not sure what the exact story is but this is clearly fucked up either way.

The one off the wall take away I can say is how do you miss at least 6 shots from that distance and carry a firearm (with what I assume you are just clearing snow IN front of your house so you must be pretty comfortable with it)...

Listen I'm not an amazing shot but damn thats awful...

Awful obviously I've heard a little about this story but didn't dig into it. Apparently there was a lot of back in forth between the two parties. Not sure what the exact story is but this is clearly fucked up either way.

The one off the wall take away I can say is how do you miss at least 6 shots from that distance and carry a firearm (with what I assume you are just clearing snow IN front of your house so you must be pretty comfortable with it)...

Listen I'm not an amazing shot but damn thats awful...

I read that they were disrespectful to him and his late wife. Guess this was yhe straw that broke the camels back.

As for the gun shots i think the audio is out of sync because they dont even flinch while he starts shooting.

Dude across the street wasn't carrying and wasn't clearing snow. He walked back into his house per reports and vid to retrieve a pistol. The couple was clearing snow and the lady pulled out her cell phone. Kind of confused by your comment/question.

Also, I'm not right in the head, and while this situation blows my mind, is incredibly shocking, and while I feel as though there is a LOT more that built up to this (as has been reported apparently and DEF did not justify it), as soon as I saw, "Scranton PA" I heard this in my head before I even watched the vidjya.

How many shots did that woman take? Even when Grandpa came back with a long rifle she was still moving...

Also agreed: it pays to be nice and show people respect. Not to go down class warfare here, but the vid, street-parked cars at the bottom of the frame make me think it’s apartments, and old man across the street in his single-family home may not like the tenants....

EDIT: I didn’t hear the audio, and now YT a pulled it.

Edited by zeitgeist57

Lessons to be learned?

1) Be kind, to everyone

2) Always assume the crazy old man who lives by himself has a bunch of guns and is slightly unstable.

This.

The phrase, "Fuck around and find out" comes to mind here. Someone found out.

^^ this. in the end, the guy didn't like being called a pussy and proved the guy wrong. hell, even after being shot the wife is like "you fucker!"

Definitely sounds like there was an ongoing situation that just culminated.

YT removed it but it's still out there.

https://zpatriot.com/2021/02/04/video-man-murders-two-pa-neighbors-over-snow-shoveling-disputeall-caught-on-camera/

How many shots did that woman take? Even when Grandpa came back with a long rifle she was still moving...

With her cell phone? I would guess zero.

Not to go down class warfare here, but the vid, street-parked cars at the bottom of the frame make me think it’s apartments...

It's not. At least I think it's not. I saw a news interview with a neighbor and it appeared to be all houses but I could be wrong.

what happens when assholes collide, sadly

Not wrong.

Hard to watch that honestly.

I don’t think anyone deserves to be treated that way over words (assuming that’s all it was).

Grandpa is a pussy if that’s how he reacted to being call a pussy. He also killed himself after. Ultimate pussy move since he knows he made a mistake he can’t come back from.

Am I the only one that looked up more info on this, watched several reports, and read other testimonies and reports?

This wasn't all over "grandpa being called a pussy". This was a long standing feud and was a pot ready to boil over. Should folks have lost their lives over it? Hell no, but if y'all even watch the links posted and do some self study you'll see that the couple wasn't exactly acting like angels either in the incident or in the supposed many leading up to it. They also had a 15 year old special needs son and decided to act as fools. Now that kid is at the mercy of other fam members.

Also, "grandpa" was 47. Some of y'all in this very thread can't be far off. :lol:

Edited by Otis Nice

Hard to watch that honestly.

I don’t think anyone deserves to be treated that way over words (assuming that’s all it was).

Grandpa is a pussy if that’s how he reacted to being call a pussy. He also killed himself after. Ultimate pussy move since he knows he made a mistake he can’t come back from.

See post #5

Am I the only one that looked up more info on this, watched several reports, and read other testimonies and reports?

This wasn't all over "grandpa being called a pussy". This was a long standing feud and was a pot ready to boil over. Should folks have lost their lives over it? Hell no, but if y'all even watch the links posted and do some self study you'll see that the couple wasn't exactly acting like angels either in the incident or in the supposed many leading up to it. They also had a 15 year old special needs son and decided to act as fools. Now that kid is at the mercy of other fam members.

Also, "grandpa" was 47. Some of y'all in this very thread can't be far off. :lol:

See post #5

When someone has nothing to lose, they are able to do the unthinkable. They may have already lost all that matters to them. Choosing how they go out with a dramatic statement/event is a win to them. Having an ego that needs validation, there are all your signs. De-escalate and create distance. The only defense to the unthinkable is not being there, distance is your friend. Doesn't mean you're a pussy. It means you are smart enough to know there is no win in staying there. Normalcy bias is a term being used more and more. "There's no way someone would do ............" And then you're dead in your driveway and your wife is in the street. Over what? Feeding your shitty ego.

When someone has nothing to lose, they are able to do the unthinkable. They may have already lost all that matters to them. Choosing how they go out with a dramatic statement/event is a win to them. Having an ego that needs validation, there are all your signs. De-escalate and create distance. The only defense to the unthinkable is not being there, distance is your friend. Doesn't mean you're a pussy. It means you are smart enough to know there is no win in staying there. Normalcy bias is a term being used more and more. "There's no way someone would do ............" And then you're dead in your driveway and your wife is in the street. Over what? Feeding your shitty ego.

Yup. Congrats to the couple on winning that argument! Oh, wait...