Blantons..Eagle Rare and Weller green yesterday

Mace1647545504

I had to run to kroger on 665 yesterday and stopped into the liquor store.

Saw a lady carrying the weller and asked where she got it..she showed me and I picked a bottle up.

She then began to tell me they also had blantons and Eagle rare. We then talked to the clerk and she said it was up and gone quickly.

We asked about how often they get it and was told maybe once every other more or longer.

There's a FB group I'm a part of here in Upper Arlington and it seems like every Wednesday at Giant Eagle the liquor is delivered. They get some pretty good stuff but you gotta be on it as other bourbon enthusiasts hit the shelves early and hard.

Yes you can go onto the OHLQ website and put the liquor you are looking for but then have to know the delivery dates and time....it's too much work for me..if I walk in and it's there then cool ..if not well I must not have needed it..lol

OHLQ is SUPPOSE to be accurate within minutes. As someone who travels the state for work and has used it exstinsively...it is not. Not even close unfortunately. Not bagging on YOU, Mace, but warning everyone to take it all with a grain of pepper.

As for the "show up early/wait to open", no. I won't. Bunch of vultures sniping to flip OOS. They're seeking aftermarket prices. Blanton's is a $25 bourbon in a $60 bottle going for $100+ secondary. Hard pass. Weller SR is $25 here (use to be rightly priced at $22 so not trbl) and goes for stupid prices OOS ($50+). OWA is $50 here (use to be a STEAL at $25 and I wish I'd kept more of those a year or two ago) and is going for $100+ OOS. It's insane.

I've found my good finds that are readily avail and off the radar no thanks to YouTube and FB bourbon groups and snobs/"reviewers" and I'll stick to those for now.

Edited by Otis Nice

Randy..while I was there I picked up a bottle of WT 101 rye..I really like it..don't know if you've tried it but I would highly suggest giving it a taste.

I had Wild Turkey 101 this past weekend at a family reunion and I was impressed with how smooth it was.

Randy..while I was there I picked up a bottle of WT 101 rye..I really like it..don't know if you've tried it but I would highly suggest giving it a taste.

I've had the 101 and 101 rye. I like them both. Real solid choices for the money and availability.

Angel's Envy finished in port wine barrels (which is what is most readily avail and seen) is ok. Angel's Envy rye, while twice the price of AE, is phenomenal. One of the better ryes anywhere IMO.

I was able to get Blantons and Eagle Rare a few weeks ago. This has never happened in Ohio for me. I was able to score several bottles of each and will try again when I travel back again in a another month.

Stopped at a couple places in KY over the weekend on our way to Tenn. Didn't find anything real special. So I bought some Bernheim 7 yr wheated whiskey for $28 and some 8yr Western Reserve for $58. Both are pretty good. I think you can get the Bernheim local. It might be my new cheap go to when I cant get Weller SR.

Stopped at a couple places in KY over the weekend on our way to Tenn. Didn't find anything real special. So I bought some Bernheim 7 yr wheated whiskey for $28 and some 8yr Western Reserve for $58. Both are pretty good. I think you can get the Bernheim local. It might be my new cheap go to when I cant get Weller SR.
If you like the 8yr western reserve, you should definitely try the 15 yr. Much better, though pricey ($100?). The distillery isn't that old, so the mash is dickell sourced. Duff on here turned me on to it.

I don't drink it regularly, but keep a bottle around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you like the 8yr western reserve, you should definitely try the 15 yr. Much better, though pricey ($100?). The distillery isn't that old, so the mash is dickell sourced. Duff on here turned me on to it.

I don't drink it regularly, but keep a bottle around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, I saw it sitting there just couldn't pull the trigger on it. I dont think I have the pallet to appreciate the cost. ;)