☆~PoLOLtics~☆

greg1647545532

We should not minimize the severity of COVID and those who have died from it by giving credence to this disproved conspiracy theory.

I agree.

You're right, nobody has been talking about comorbidities and at-risk groups. I mean, other than all that information that the CDC has been pumping out about comorbidities and at-risk groups. Good catch though. Doctors should really take note and start encouraging their patients to get exercise and lower their BMIs. I can't believe they haven't thought of this yet.

You're so elegant, graceful, and just pleasant to talk to/read.

I lose it every time you get all bitchy or sarcastic then whine that nobody wants to have a civil conversation with you. :lolguy:

Flangin' turds.

I am curious what you mean by this one? can you elaborate?

No. Probably not.

Don't smoke.

Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.

Exercise regularly.

Maintain a healthy weight.

If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.

Get adequate sleep.

Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.

I was absolutely KILLING this list right up until, "eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables."

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope none of you have a side hustle that you don't pay tax on.

Sleep Joe is pushing for banks to report any account with a in/out flow of more than $600 annually, so the ole' IRS can make sure they get their cut.

Can we all take a break from vax/non-vax and fling shit at each other over this for a bit please?

Apparently no one actually cares :no:

TL;DR fuck the IRS

Apparently no one actually cares :no:

Link to the actual proposal (on page 88). We'll see if congress picks it up.

On the one hand, I don't particularly care if your income comes from a "side hustle." I pay taxes on my full income as a W-2 employee, and I don't have much sympathy for people not declaring income on their returns in order to evade taxes.

On the other hand(s), this seems like a pretty big expense for banks for a pretty minimum net haul. I wish the IRS and congress would go after all of the substantial tax cheats out there. Rich fucks and large corporations avoiding taxes through legal loopholes.

Taxation is theft.

The problem I have with "taxation is theft" is that even hardcore libertarians concede that some government is necessary (K-8 schools, national defense, etc). And if that's true, then some form of taxes need to be levied to pay for it. And once you've conceded that some taxation is necessary, then it stands to reason that if taxation is theft, then some theft is necessary. And what has that accomplished other than diluting the meaning of the word "theft."

Thoughts?

The problem I have with "taxation is theft" is that even hardcore libertarians concede that some government is necessary (K-8 schools, national defense, etc). And if that's true, then some form of taxes need to be levied to pay for it. And once you've conceded that some taxation is necessary, then it stands to reason that if taxation is theft, then some theft is necessary. And what has that accomplished other than diluting the meaning of the word "theft."

Thoughts?

Maybe the military should start a Go Fund Me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Link to the actual proposal (on page 88). We'll see if congress picks it up.

On the one hand, I don't particularly care if your income comes from a "side hustle." I pay taxes on my full income as a W-2 employee, and I don't have much sympathy for people not declaring income on their returns in order to evade taxes.

On the other hand(s), this seems like a pretty big expense for banks for a pretty minimum net haul. I wish the IRS and congress would go after all of the substantial tax cheats out there. Rich fucks and large corporations avoiding taxes through legal loopholes.

Thoughts?

There was no taxes before 1935. Now that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be some taxes, but there is a whole lot of wasteful spending they need to cut out.

There was no taxes before 1935.

This is not true. Not even sure where to begin here.

The 16th amendment was ratified in 1913, that's when federal income taxes were authorized. But there were federal incomes taxes before that, there were non-federal income taxes before that, there were non-federal non-income taxes before that, and there were federal non-income taxes before that. We actually fought a war over taxes, sort of started in 1776. And then immediately levied taxes in order to pay for our war debts.

Now that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be some taxes

Ergo, if taxation is theft, then you as well concede that some theft is necessary.

Thoughts?

I think taxation is theft.

Maybe the military should start a Go Fund Me.

I would gladly donate given I knew how the funds were being appropriated.

There was no taxes before 1935. Now that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be some taxes, but there is a whole lot of wasteful spending they need to cut out.

Bingo.

Also...

5nbxhj.jpg

I think taxation is theft.

Thoughts?

property taxes are used as a means to keep old segregation lines from before in blue cities. thoughts?

Not BLUE cities, ALL cities. Oh and it's so much worse than that. Stop making uniform racisim into a one sided attack against a political party when it's really a uniform problem across all political party lines, it makes you look less smart than you are.

Not BLUE cities, ALL cities. Oh and it's so much worse than that. Stop making uniform racisim into a one sided attack against a political party when it's really a uniform problem across all political party lines, it makes you look less smart than you are.

had to include blue just to get your reply. yes kerry, property taxes do reinforce old segregation lines regardless of cities, as you agree.

maybe people should be able to spend or donate how they see fit without having to pay to the evil "man/woman/gender terminology" to pay for causes they do not believe supports the best interest of there community or there family.

had to include blue just to get your reply. yes kerry, property taxes do reinforce old segregation lines regardless of cities, as you agree.

No you didn't but I appreciate you valuing my opinion enough that you want me to respond. Just wish you didn't feel like you have to make an effort to "trigger" people through misinformation to have a dialog.

maybe people should be able to spend or donate how they see fit

See this is what I mean about libertarians being bad at history. We tried that for about a hundred years in this country and for several thousand in the old countries, and you know what it led to? lots of death, exploitations of the vulnerable, slavery, debtors prisons, and class warfare to name a few. Did you think the french revolution or the English and American Civil Wars came out of nowhere?

without having to pay to the evil "man/woman/gender terminology"

I literally have no idea what you are trying to say here. None. Also why is it "evil"?

to pay for causes they do not believe supports the best interest of there community or there family.

So the funny thing is what's better for society as a whole and what's better for an individual are not always aligned. It takes a case by case evaluation, and even then the idea of peace among the majority doesn't always mean peace for everyone. Just because you do not "believe" that social programs work doesn't mean they don't (usually they do). There is an education and access to information deficit that needs to be addressed before we can begin to work on the whole "why should I be forced to pay taxes to pay for "x" thing". Every law in this country is written in someone's blood, but most have opinions about why it exists at all rather than taking the time to figure out whose blood it is and why it was spilled.

Biden’s admin kills 10 civilians in afghan - mainstream media….meh.

If trump did that, impeachment #7 would be voted on Immediately

Yeah, because the Trump administration didn't kill any civilians or else that would have totally happened....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-military-civilian-idUSKBN22I2X3

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/papers/2020/AirstrikesAfghanistan

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk