Samsung Note series options

Tractor

I've had a Note 8 for a while, its still in great condition and I might just get a battery for it however a new phone is always an option. I'm cheap and if I could get a really good alternative to the Note I'd do it. I use the Note for business and I actually do use the Stylus and a few of the built in Stylus features daily to have clients sign documents and a big one is smart select where I can highlight any text and it gives me a "copy/paste" option. Very important to me since I have to copy things like MAC addresses off of photos.

Apple is not an option.

Thats a good point, I forgot they don't do headphone jacks anymore. I'd have to get a bluetooth option for my work van. If it wasn't for the stylus I wouldn't use a note, just wondering if there is a stylus ability on other phones that would do what I need. The little menu that pops up when you take the stylus out is something I use regularly. I like the idea of the Z fold or whatever model and I see it can use the samsung stylus, but I am around beach sand way to much and I could see destroying that screen with sand between the two screens. Oh and the $$$ wow.

I went from the Note 8 to the Note 20 Ultra. The speed and battery life are unreal, 4k recording with awesome camera. I stream music all day at work via Bluetooth plus browsing and some gaming. Battery lasts all day even into the next day. Screen quality is top notch and it's taken an absolute beating. I've dropped it countless times even managed to kick it across concrete and step on it. I loved my Note 8 but this phone is so much better in every aspect plus it has 120hz display

My wife has the Galaxy S21 ultra and while it's technically higher spec than my Note 20 I still prefer the feel and functionality of the Note series. However the S21 Ultra is S pen compatible.

I saw the s21 ultra s pen compatibility yesterday while searching around. I work the hell out of my note 8 currently and it's battery life is over 3 years old and still maintains charge throughout the day though it's getting to around 30% lately. My work the hell out of it I mean constant browsing constant app monitoring with clients on the phone with engineers for 6 hours at a stretch and also Wi-Fi tethering to laptop for remote access for hours at a time all at the same time.

Been a totally awesome phone and I'll probably go up to the 20 I was just hoping someone would come in the thread saying a phone for half the price IE a pixel or whatever could do all the same.

Broke my Note 8 and found a Note 10+ out on FB with one that has never been out of an otterbox (Perfect). This was better than buying a new device and I kept my old cracked on as a fall back. Believe it was 300 ish from the guy..

Solid phone (As was the 8) and will probably hold out on the new "fold" style until they are proven (Not breaking so much).

I've had the Note 8, 9 and 10+ now.

I'd say the 10+ or the Note 20 are going to be your best bet if you're already use to Samsung UI.

The only reason I skipped the Note 20 is because the 10+ is still a really good phone and I'll probably jump on the Fold band wagon with the Fold 4.

I've 100% switched over the bluetooth and don't regret it. You can get some REALLY good wireless ear buds in the $20-50 range.

I use a blue parrot headset on the job. It's awesome for the noisy tourist areas I'm in and I use it for talking while running equipment in the yard too, ie chainsaws. I use it in the service vehicle to talk to clients while driving and I listen to YouTube channels while driving as well. Excellent noise cancellation but not something everyone would need.

What Bluetooth ear pieces are you guys using? I always feel pressured to buy the $100 Samsung/google offerings. It'd be nice to have hands free at work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Can't go wrong with anything made by Soundcore or M Power.

My Parrot Zik 3 finally died and ended up buying a Sony (Similar functionality) WH-1000XM4 and love the battery life (Says 20 hours). If you like the Zik's (Parrot) you will love this one.. Lil pricey, but like my Note 10+ I picked it up on FB used like new for a great price.