Things to do in Denver

Geeesammy

Pikes Peak, little drive but hey.....

They’ve pretty much ruined it in my opinion. The drive up is cool but you’ absolutely will be stuck behind some old lady going 5 mph that’s scared to death of the heights. They’ve paved the entire top and built a giant tourist trap gift shop. Mt. Evans is way better in my opinion, still rugged and what you’d expect going to a place like that. Either way you have to get reservations about a month ahead of time to go to the top. Pretty much everything tourists go to has a reservation system now.

I’d say rent a jeep or sxs and go off-roading somewhere an hour or 2 from the city. We go off-roading almost every weekend. It’s awesome the places you can just jump in the truck and drive to. There’s trails all over too.

If you’re into hiking there are random trails pretty much everywhere you go and they’re all good and go to some amazing places.

if you can get the time:

https://www.durangotrain.com/

We did this when my wife’s sister brought the kids out. I thought it was pretty cool but I don’t know if a bunch of dudes for a bachelor party would enjoy it. Lots of kids and families. Also it’s not just a show up and do it kind of thing anymore with the reservations required.

If you’re staying around the city the rino district is where all the hipsters drink craft beer. There are a lot of breweries in the area. Denver chop house has amazing steaks that are a $75 instead of $150 per meal like a lot of the steak houses that aren’t any better. There’s way more I don’t know about because I don’t hang out in the city much.

It probably would have been a better idea to plan more than a day ahead.

Not disagreeing, still a “to-do” thing for many.

It totally is and I’m not saying it’s bad and don’t do it. The drive and the views are awesome. I’ve been there 4 times in 5 years(thanks COVID). I just prefer Mt. Evans because there are places to get out along the drive up and it’s less commercial because it’s not privately owned. Plus the back way out 74 to Squaw Pass to 103 is a rediculously twisty drive. Although 24 out to Pikes peak is no joke either. Before I moved here the only thing I remember about Mt. Evans was it’s the highest paved road.

When I was out there and had some time free up after work, the first place I went was pikes peak just because. When I got there, the ranger said I could try to head up “in that little car” if I wanted to try but they just drug another rental car down out of the ice and snow so he didn’t advise it. This was back in May so it was still a bit early and frozen up there I guess. :lol:

We went the weekend before my wife’s birthday which is the first week in August. It hailed on the way up and snowed 1/2” while we were on top for 45 minutes. It was more than 95 that day at the house. There were more than 10 of the white mountain goats hanging around.

I could see the brakes catching fire on the way down but I don’t know why a newer car breaking down unless it over heated. My 95 t100 has been up both of them probably 6 or 7 times. At least twice with 3” of sludge in the radiator before I flushed it out and replaced the radiator.

Denver itself is a filthy shithole. The mountains outside of Denver are glorious. Do what you can to get out of the shitty.

Bro wtf it's liberal run. Homeless everywhere, needles everywhere, figured you'd be all in.

I went, I p much blacked out after making this post and still recovering. Dtwon denver is hopping, Federales was hopping, I won enough on sports betting that I can cut a mortgage check for every month next year. 10/10 will go back and take a water bottle sprayer for the homeless to stay away.