New friend for the RC hehe!

aradamro

I got rid of the R6 and picked this up the other day. I figured the RC needed another friend in the garage and an 06 GSX-R 1000 would be a great candidate. I'm not into the whole drag bike stretched look but it was a great deal and a clean bike. I'm definitely going to change some things on it so keep an eye out for updates. Headed to bed, I'll post more on it later.

100_2867.jpg

100_2868.jpg

100_2869.jpg

100_2870.jpg

100_2872.jpg

100_2873.jpg

100_2874.jpg

100_2875.jpg

Haha, I never thought I'd get a gsx-r have never really been a big fan. It was just a good deal and I figured I'd try it out. It has the following

-swingarm extenders

-rear stainless brake line

-lowering link

-Brock slip-on

- -2, +2 sprockets

-air brushed undertail

-fender eliminator blacked out signals

-frame sliders

-kill switch for racing that goes around your wrist

Guy said he had it on the track a couple of times and made some mid 9 sec passes (I don't know if this is true just what he said.)I don't know anything about drag racing. He said when he first got it he had it dynoed before he did anything to it and it put down 150rwhp.

My plans are back to stock suspension settings, take off swingarm extenders, powdercoat levers, rearsets and rear sprocket black. Change the front sprocket to -1 so it's -1, +2. Get a stock black undertail. Probably sell the exhaust and get something different. I've heard Brock's put down some great numbers but without the stretched look it might be out of place. I'd like to see what this thing will do on the twisties as that's the kind of riding I like to do. Probably get some front stainless lines and throw a power commander on as I can't really afford the Bazzaz right now. All suggestions welcome :popcorn:

Guy said he had it on the track a couple of times and made some mid 9 sec passes (I don't know if this is true just what he said.)I don't know anything about drag racing. He said when he first got it he had it dynoed before he did anything to it and it put down 150rwhp.

I might believe the rwhp #, but I'm suspicious on the mid 9s passes. I'm not saying its impossible (with the gear changes and extended swingarm), but I'm skeptical. Cool machine though.

A stock 2009 CBR1000rr did 9.68 on an MCUSA review, I believe it.

I see it here: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/114/3401/Motorcycle-Article/2009-Honda-CBR1000RR-Comparison-Street.aspx

But, I can't explain it. All I can figure is that guy got a HELLUVA launch because my 'busa is trapping 137mph with 1.8s 60fts.