WTB: 2006 - 2007 CBR1000RR Front Forks (Outer (aka Uppers) tubes or Full Complete sets

OhioBob

Well, since Honda has decided to discontinue supplying certain parts for older CBR1000RR's, the front fork tubes to be specific, I'm on the hunt for some OEM front forks in great condition to rebuild, revalve and respring with RaceTech's G2-R drop-in cartridge kits.  Unfortunately, RaceTech requires me to ship them my forks in order to build out the kit as they have none in stock nor sounds like they've built a set for some time and need the OEM parts to figure out measurements in order to build the kit.

Since Honda has discontinued the front fork outer tubes (uppers), I'm extremely reluctant to ship RaceTech my only set off my bike, because my luck would be they'd be damaged in transit by the shipping company.  Then I would be out of luck with no bike unless I figured out how to unicycle the CBR.  What's frustrating about this is what would happen if I wrecked the CBR?  Or am I supose to just make her a garage queen after so many years because you can't get replacement parts?  Just plain...argh.  Anyways...

I've researched and called all major online retailers as well as local dealerships with no luck...except Ebay.  However, Ebay is iffy at best since we all know they're just parting out wrecked bikes to begin with.

If I could get my hands on an aftermarket set of forks like Ohlins, KTech or others, I would jump on them, but it seems Ohlins and KTech have discontinued for 2006 CBR1000RR as well. Argh.

I may be revealing my age, but I appreciate the older bikes more so than these modern marvels they produce these days.  Too many bells and whistles...and too many "nanny aids" for my liking.  What happen to having skill to ride?  With all the rider aids these days, it's like the manufacturers want everyone to be able to ride so they can sell more.  I'm all for everyone and anyone riding, but let's earn it by developing the necessary skills rather than dumping more $$$ on all the aids in order to ride.  Some might say the rider aids are there for safety.  I wouldn't disagree, but let's face it...Riding is dangerous...PERIOD.  If you ride you should acknowledge that and accept the risks.  Heck, I used to jump out of perfectly fine aircraft back in my military days.  Since then, I've drawn to riding for the thrills, camaraderie and adventures of the open road of freedom...KNOWING that there's always a chance I may not return home safely or at all.  It is what it is.

Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked, so I'll disgress...for now.

So, if anyone has or knows where I might be able to find a good set of 2006 - 2007 CBR1000RR front forks or at least the upper tubes shoot me a line/message.

Or if you know where I might be able to find aftermarket set of forks/cartridge kits like Ohlins or KTech or others, let me know.

Thanks.

Take care and come on spring...winter is waaaaay overrated!

OhioBob