bike dropped, needs work

Sho

Well after 2500 miles and 2 months on my first bike a ninja 250, last night when i was talking with a freind i heard a very loud noise and looked over and my bike had falling over, it was on a slight incline. Well from what i see it needs a handle bar, a rear brake lever and has a crack in the plastic check oil piece so its leaking oil :( . I wanted to know what i should do. Would a bike dealer or shop be able to reapair at any reasonable price? Or should i try it out myself which i doubt is a good idea. Thanks alot

Always do it yourself. It's by far cheaper and it's good to get your hands dirty on your own ride. The items you listed are very simple to replace. Yota might even be willing to give you a hand if you're in his neck of the woods.

And here's a tip for you, when you park your ride leave it in or put it in gear and let it roll forwad/backward before you put your kickstand down (of course your engine is already off). This will 99% of the time prevent what you had happen.

how mech icnclined are you? i have seen some real dumbass...i mean, NONmech inclined ppl do some fucked up shit.....and I hold my plastic together with zip ties!! lol lol ....but yea, if you can work on a car you can work on a bike, and for those repairs there are NO special tools needed and thats a big thing with bikes, special tools :(

I can give ya a hand. My buddy is very good at plastic welding also... not sure if your fairings cracked anywhere or not... but if so he can fix it! Give me a call or PM if you need help. I may be able to find the parts cheaper for you too. DONT go and buy anything for the dealer until you check ebay!!!

I figured it would be much better to do myself. I can work on cars but i dont really have any tools or experience with motorcycles. Lucky for me the fairings are just scratched no cracks. Thanks alot for the help, il pm ya soon yota.