Traveling

OsuMj

I'm in a van with painfully slow internet (but woo hoo for a van with internet) on my way to university of florida (boo). Two hours worth of a trip... who wants to entertain me :)

Oh, background info... ok :)

I'm going to a school for a week called "Thermal Conductivity and Related Transport Properties of Oxides". I got little grant of the sort so that they paid for the travel. So I piggybacked two vacations, one to Orlando and one to Houston, so that my two seperate vacays will only be $100. So right now, I'm going to UofF from Orlando after this:

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3545&thumb=1

tried surfing, face planted and took in a lot of sea water

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3546&thumb=1

so i did what ii do best... drink buds on the beach

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3548&thumb=1

and went and got jamacian food and italian ice cream... three firsts!! (surfing, and two food items)

my eyes are super swolen from the salt water, sand, and sun though.

Edited by OsuMj

Wait till you see how boring Florida Universities are, compared to a party school like OSU. Find a good restaurant for later.

Music (and beer): Back Stage Lounge - 1315 S Main St

Food (and beer): Gator's Dockside - 3842 W Newberry Rd

Coffee (and beer): Maude's Classic Cafe - 101 SE 2nd Pl, Sun Center, Ste 101

College bar (and beer): Salty Dog Saloon - 712 W University Ave

Nightclub (and beer): University Club - 18 E University Ave (stage shows and dancing)

haha, i actually had to look up the title bc i couldn't even remember what its about... i've been calling it 'oxide school'

i think my van ride is almost over though, only 45 more minutes

So as the sun sets in the West... MJ is delivered to a fate of endless oxides.

It's the price you pay for a free vacation. Take notes, impress others later.

Houston? You got Texas roots?

true.

if by roots, you mean friends who dispersed to the oil companies to work immediately after college, then yeah. should be fun, last time i was there i learned how to two-step

Edited by OsuMj

You're an engineer through and through. Oxides... psh. :lol:

Orlando is fun. When I was down there visiting a friend, she took me to a bar called Pretzles. It was nice. That's all I remember.

Have fun!

pretzles huh... I went to a few bars down town, don't remember going to that one. I did however go to a bar that was having a little music festival thing and it was a $10 cover which i thought was a little much, but we got inside and got our drinks and then FILTER came on stage... it was total luck, we had no clue filter was playing. It was sweet.

lucky you.... have fun take lots of pics and no shots of old dudes at the nude beaches....0002018E.gif

lol, no worries, I conveniently forgot my camera at home. :o I've been borrowing my orlando friend's cameras, and, gainesville doesn't seem to have any beaches, or much of anything else for that matter....

Did nobody notice she's sporting her Ohio Riders shirt???

picture. php?albumid=94&pictureid=3545

That's freaking awesome.

So I'm threadjacking, I wear my OR shirt all the time though! That is one of the most comfortable T's I've owned in awhile.

Florida looks nice too...

i'm pretty sure this trip is going to result in long term emotional scarring.

I'm basically laying in bed, wadded in a ball shivering trying to keep warm...

had an interesting night tonight too that I think ross might tell ya about... :lol:

i'm pretty sure this trip is going to result in long term emotional scarring.

I'm basically laying in bed, wadded in a ball shivering trying to keep warm...

had an interesting night tonight too that I think ross might tell ya about... :lol:

aww mj...you wish someone was there spooning with you :-) allow me to voluntere!! but what happened?