Corner entrance confidence

smashweights

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one guy that does NOT know how to do it. Not sure who taught this guy how to corner' date='

he's counter-leaning way off the bike unnecessarily which actually prevents him from getting the proper lean on the bike...

there are all sorts of things this guys did wrong. hanging off the bike, while i agree he did not need to do in 99% of those turns, did not cause that accident. im curious what you mean when you say the proper lean? lowering the cog by hanging off the bike compensates so you dont have to lean the bike as much for any given speed. i take it youre one of those guys that never hangs off the bike and pushes the tire to its traction limit? thats far more dangerous than hanging off the bike when its not needed

there are all sorts of things this guys did wrong. hanging off the bike, while i agree he did not need to do in 99% of those turns, did not cause that accident. im curious what you mean when you say the proper lean? lowering the cog by hanging off the bike compensates so you dont have to lean the bike as much for any given speed. i take it youre one of those guys that never hangs off the bike and pushes the tire to its traction limit? thats far more dangerous than hanging off the bike when its not needed

guy was leaning all wrong. go back and watch how crossed up he was. ( ass way of but chest in the center still), he wasnt lowering his COG look at how high his upper body is still. wasnt setting up for the corners properly, wasnt holding his lines.

guy was leaning all wrong. go back and watch how crossed up he was. ( ass way of but chest in the center still), he wasnt lowering his COG look at how high his upper body is still. wasnt setting up for the corners properly, wasnt holding his lines.

no i agree his form was terrible. my point was about hanging off the bike in general

Adam and others all can learn from the zx14 fucker from Dayton, he'll teach you how to lean. :woo: I'll be pushing your rear tire or passing your ass! :evil: You better be dragging elbow if you want to surpass me bitch. Any takers can come down and be humbled. :D Godbless Tequila too. :p

Edited by NinjaNick

Adam and others all can learn from the zx14 fucker from Dayton, he'll teach you how to lean. :woo: I'll be pushing your rear tire or passing your ass! :evil: You better be dragging elbow if you want to surpass me bitch. Any takers can come down and be humbled. :D Godbless Tequila too. :p

:p:p I'll chase ya around Nick ! Show ya a wheel, Soooo Now what ? LOL :wtf:

I need to ride down south again Catman. I'm tired of my regular roads up here.

Damn, I didn't realize how much shit I was talking on here last night. Godbless the liquid courage huh? :lol:

Trash talking is fun once in a while. woooo-hahahhaha---wooo-hahahahha. :evil:

or double the posted corner speed minus 5 mph

Okay, this formula confuses me a bit. maybe I'm interpreting it wrong because I ride differently than most of you guys. My bike is slow, heavy, and I rarely exceed 5-10 miles over the speed limit.

If I'm reading this formula right, If I'm on a 55 mile road, lets say I'm doing 65 MPH. I come to a corner where the suggested speed is 40.

You seriously would speed up to 75 to take the corner?

Am I reading this wrong?

Or this would you already be doing 100 or mph and slow down to 75?

If this is correct and people are riding like this, is it a possibility that it is why we see so many accidents?

Please clarify this for me.

Edited by Artmageddon

Saturday, September 19 - 2:00PM-8:00PM (2 day pricing for September 19-20 available)

Sunday, September 20 - 2:00PM-8:00PM

Mid-Ohio has these two days which are actually weekend days for those of us who cant get off work. I think i'm gonna shoot for one (or both!) of those dates. Got a lot of $$$ to save up first. Need more gear.

Okay, this formula confuses me a bit. maybe I'm interpreting it wrong because I ride differently than most of you guys. My bike is slow, heavy, and I rarely exceed 5-10 miles over the speed limit.

If I'm reading this formula right, If I'm on a 55 mile road, lets say I'm doing 65 MPH. I come to a corner where the suggested speed is 40.

You seriously would speed up to 75 to take the corner?

Am I reading this wrong?

Or this would you already be doing 100 or mph and slow down to 75?

If this is correct and people are riding like this, is it a possibility that it is why we see so many accidents?

Please clarify this for me.

yeah you should see those guys that enter a 15mph turn at 55 and exit at 70 wall.gif

Here is one guy that does NOT know how to do it. Not sure who taught this guy how to corner' date='

he's counter-leaning way off the bike unnecessarily which actually prevents him from getting the proper lean on the bike...

Guy was doing what a lot of inexperienced sport bike riders do. They get way out off the bike in terms of upper body, but their ass is in the middle of the seat. Looks like when an experienced rider jokes and does "goon riding"....

He crashed because it looks like it missed the turn or was in too hot for his ability and had the front brakes on. As soon as he hit the stones, he tucked the front.

He had more than enough time and area to go off a little and save it. They were NOT going very fast whatsoever... His safety reaction was to grab the brake... It is what made him crash...

Edit - he was doing what a lot of others still do and what Adam stated - upper is center and ass is off... I got it backwards...

He also does the wing feet shit that bugs the hell out of me. I see all the street guys doing it. Having the tips of your feet out ready for flight. Or, to act as corner feelers...

Edited by Desmo-Brian

I've been thinking about attending a school. However, I really suck and would not want to be further embarrassed. Do they offer classes for beginners, real beginners...

Dude, we have so many people at so many different levels it is amazing. You don't suck - you simply are starting where we all did or do. Come out to a Track Day and sign up for Novice Group. If you are really worried, sign up for the Group 7 or 8 group as they are either the first timers on any track or the least confident.

Even if you are slower than the others, we will work with you more one on one and probably get you a single coach you will work with instead of being lumped into the group. I bet you are faster than you lead on to be. I think you'll be fine. Being humble is a step that a lot of people don't want to take as it makes them look weak. But, they are usually the ones we pull out of the gravel traps, too!

PM me for details and we can get you started...

[

He also does the wing feet shit that bugs the hell out of me. I see all the street guys doing it. Having the tips of your feet out ready for flight. Or, to act as corner feelers...

Sometimes I do that ,because I'm putting weight on the pegs like I'm suppose to, and I gots big feet. Also I keep contact with the foot controlls at all times, pushing inward on them, sliding my toes ontop and under the pegs, but keeping constant preasure on the peg at the same time. I know it looks gay but works well for me, and I'm able to get weight on pegs and butt off seat ! ;)

For lizard

It's been since 2002 since I've been on a track ( putnum ) and I am getting back into track days as soon as I get another bike set up, soooo I'm looking for help too !!

Cat.

Edited by Catman

haha that bugs the shit outta me when ppl go thur corners like that!!

i do that thur town an dstuff just cuz its more compfy but when its time to ride balls are on the pegs haha :D

[

Sometimes I do that ,because I'm putting weight on the pegs like I'm suppose to, and I gots big feet. Also I keep contact with the foot controlls at all times, pushing inward on them, sliding my toes ontop and under the pegs, but keeping constant preasure on the peg at the same time. I know it looks gay but works well for me, and I'm able to get weight on pegs and butt off seat ! ;)

Balls of your feet are MUCH more the way you should ride. You can move around easier, you can weight the pegs more effectively and as far as the controls, you shouldn't need rear brake if at all and the shifter only needs to be used when using it. No reason to be in the "ready" position for a quick shift...

in my opinion , if your looking to hit twisties regularly , learn to trail brake a little, get used to using both brakes , your rear shaves speed off very easy if you hit to hot. and personally when riding real hot i compress the front end before the dive , gives the front tire lil room to adjust your path suspension wise , BUT it makes it easier to push out on the front if not used to the feel etc. so it takes some practice. but trail braking is a very good technique to master and can save your flesh if you eneter to hot or encounter a unexspected encounter in the turn. before worrying about corner speeds master the braking in a corner to a stop. most bikes can handle any corner around at very fast speeds sportbike wise , the deciding factor is whats in the turn and riders ability. but if you search the net im sure you can find some good braking info . and i would look for the 50 tips to save your arse article from motorcyclist a few years ago think mid 2006 , i recommend it to all riders new and old. remember only thing between us and a casket is stupidity , either us or a cage.

lol winged feet , im 6'5" i wing as you call it all the time outta comfort. but when hitting twisties its diferent.

someone sent bad rep on my ENLGISH . no being a US Marine its not my first language . anal retentive?

Edited by krzwhtman

so after reading some of the posts about the art of hanging off the bike, I realized i've been doing the "goon" style with my ass on the seat and bringing my body out only. Tried taking some very familiar turns and highway ramps getting my ass off the seat and man that makes a difference. Definitely made me feel a lot more comfortable in the turn AND I finally made the Michelin Man eat some asphalt!!! don't flame I'm proud of it!