Finally!

buxnut

After lurking around here and combing through Craigslist, I finally picked up my first bike. I bought a 95 Virago 1100. Got it from a lady in the minerva park area. She even delivered it to my place in Radnor!! AWESOME!

Side panels are on order. I have the yamaha badge for the front forks, just need to get new screws. Seems to be very well taken care of, it has a few scratches on the tank, nothing too out of the ordinary for a 14 year old bike I would think. I need new bulbs for the rear turn signals, other than that it seems to run like a top.

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

I have picked up a lot from you folks and from the MSF course I took a few weeks ago. Now I need me some SEAT TIME!!!

Thanks for looking!

Bill.

How much did you end up paying bux?

$2000

it has 23k and change on the odometer.

I kind of like the look that the windscreen gives it. I will have to give it a try and see what difference it would make with it off. Its from an HD softtail, trimmed down on the bottom sides to fit around the lights.

Thanks!

Bill.

First serious seat time on the Virago today after work. Put about 50 miles on it just winding my way around the country roads near my place.

SWEET!!!

I am still a little timid when it comes to curves and cornering but I am sure I will get there with time and practice.

I need a new helmet too, this one I bought (used HJC CS-12) is a tad too small (it's an XXXL btw) and doesnt breath very well. Looks liks a trip to the Pony next week for me! :-)

Bill.

Dude, I rocked an '89 Virago 750 as my first bike - very good handling ride.

Congrats! But if I was you I'd lose the windscreen....just a personal preference, I like a clean front end :)

hi there! nice bike! i pulled my wind screen off after the first ride. i couldnt see well and found myself reaching over it to see better. i ride with a full helmet and im good. it didnt offer me any relief from the wind either, but mine is a small 250. - kimberly

nice virago/ I have a 83 500 which was my first ride ( can be seen in my album)and really enjoyed it after modifying it for my long legs, But for the wind shield I would leave it. I bought my 1100 and the first thing I bought was the wind shield and would not ride with out it,It helps to keep the bugs and wind off my chest and face. Again congrats on the the new bike.