Iron Pony Pricing

Artmageddon

I'm a cheap bastard and always price shop, but I will always buy local first if they are least competitive.

I usually go to the Pony to see if they have what I'm looking for, come home, compare pricing, and then go back to the Pony and buy it if they are even remotely competitive. The ease of shopping and getting the part right away is worth a premium to me, within reason.

Well in this case, I happened to look on IP web site as well.

Their web pricing is significantly lower than the in-store pricing.

I understand the whole brick and mortar premium, but this is the same store, being stored in the same place, with the same employees. (maybe I'm wrong and their online sales come from somewhere different).

So my question is, do they they match their own online pricing?

In this case, there was almost a $40 difference, not including tax or shipping.

Can you order online and go pick up like at some electronic stores?

it pretty much depends on if you know someone that works there. ron burgundy talked them down on a pair of boots and got them to about $40 less than what the price was but he still had a better deal online.

but it helps to know some people that work there sometimes

They don't match their online prices in the store.

Right on their website it says: "*Our retail store prices may be generally 5%-10% higher than our website prices"

Missed that too. My brain is functioning well today. :confused:

Oh well, I guess they miss out on this one.

Right on their website it says: "*Our retail store prices may be generally 5%-10% higher than our website prices"

Quoted for truth... I asked them about that when pricing out a rear tire and they said they don't match the online store prices..

They charge $9 per tire mailed. So buying a tire online will actually cost you a few bucks more than the store.

but they also charge you a $4 environmental charge per tire in the store. i thought that charge was only if you had them change your tire and that was for disposal of your old tire. the last time parks bought tires he got charged $8 extra.

but they also charge you a $4 environmental charge per tire in the store. i thought that charge was only if you had them change your tire and that was for disposal of your old tire. the last time parks bought tires he got charged $8 extra.

He got ripped off then, because the Ohio environmental tire tax is only a $1 charge per tire.

Right on their website it says: "*Our retail store prices may be generally 5%-10% higher than our website prices and if your REALLY need something then it will be even more expensive"

sounds messed up to me

He got ripped off then, because the Ohio environmental tire tax is only a $1 charge per tire.

:lol: its probably because he had on his "3>4 Triumph" shirt and they realized he already sucked at math

I will, from someone else that is even cheaper. Just figured if I could pick it up for a price that is close to online, I would.

I asked Justin (paskey) about price matching tires and he said they would if the other companies price could be viewed/proven. Of course this was after I bought tires from someone else. Plus from pony tax wouldve been involved so still more I guess.

Sounds like a job for www.ToBeFast.com to step up and save the day.

We have a low price Guarantee: Just let us know what you are interested in by posting here: http://www.tobefast.com/low-price-guarantee-pg-55.html We really try hard to bring you the best prices and best service in the industry. If we don't have what your looking for on the website, just hit us at Bart@tobefast.com and we will hook it up for you.

Team McCoy MotorSports

Ohio Riders Forum Sponsor

www.ToBeFast.com

Phone (606) 432-1556

Sales@tobefast.com

^^^I'd go with www.tobefast.com like he stated. Plus he's a sponsor of the site.

P.S...IRON PONY SUCKS! IMO...I've had some bad business with them. Helmet paid for and never recieved it, then they said they never put in the order after they've already gotten my cash! Then they said 2x they corrected it and it would arrive soon, and it never did! Called them back and they said the same thing that they never placed the order. After 3rd time they finally sent my paid for helmet. They tried to suck up by throwing in a $25 gift card. Well, that was 3 years ago and it's still sitting on my dresser. Fuck the pony! :nono: