not get spark on my busa

slowbusa

i was riding it today and it just died as i was riding at 35mph in 5 so i wasnt in no way dogging on it i have checked everything i can think of and still no fire the fuel pump is working just no fire i have changed ecu with a bike that i know runs, i have unpluged the power commander and timing retard box and still no spark.... and it allready has a new stator witch the crank pickup is built in the stator

my damn book for my bike is at mikes and he was gone all day so i couldnt trouble shot anything

how are you checking for spark?

if you have the "coil over plug" check to make sure your getting the 12v negative pulse to the primary side of the coil, this comes directly from the ECU.

If you are not getting anything out of the ECU to the setup coils (measure directly at the ECU connector to make sure its not a wiring problem), and you KNOW the ECU is Good. Then your Kill switch wiring is shorted to ground probably.

Because on most bikes you can have the key ON, and the bike WILL turn over, but if the kill switch is off, the ECU will not fire the plugs,

hence if you KNOW the ecu is good, and you KNOW the wiring from the ECU to the step coils is good, and you are not getting the negative 12v pulses from the ECU to the step-up coils, then a killswitch short makes sense, check all the other stuff first, because it's probably one of the other items listed.

Edited by 12oclocker

how are you checking for spark?

if you have the "coil over plug" check to make sure your getting the 12v negative pulse to the primary side of the coil, this comes directly from the ECU.

If you are not getting anything out of the ECU to the setup coils (measure directly at the ECU connector to make sure its not a wiring problem), and you KNOW the ECU is Good. Then your Kill switch wiring is shorted to ground probably.

Because on most bikes you can have the key ON, and the bike WILL turn over, but if the kill switch is off, the ECU will not fire the plugs,

hence if you KNOW the ecu is good, and you KNOW the wiring from the ECU to the step coils is good, and you are not getting the negative 12v pulses from the ECU to the step-up coils, then a killswitch short makes sense, check all the other stuff first, because it's probably one of the other items listed.

i had to do a new kill switch 3 weeks ago and when it went bad the bike wouldnt turn over or the fuel pump would work i just came in from check the pulse from the coils and im getting the 12v that stays hot but no nev. pulse so i have the old stator that came off my bike last year when my wire har.. went bad and i got everything new i got tired of guessing at shyt last year the fuel pump and all is new

p.s thanks for all the info im pulling my hair out...... wish i would of left it stock

Stator, rectifier, bad ground somewhere, Batt going bad, etc. Also, I would pull apart your kill switch and check it, Im not sure how the busas are but i had a faulty one about 3 weeks ago and I was getting all sorts of weird shit happening.

Edited by flounder

Bad ground on power commander will allow the bike to turn over but will not fire even with the harness unplugged...

at least it did when I hooked mine up then i double checked my instructions and noticed the ground was on the wrong bolt.

update after letting the bike sit for a few days and rethinking everything i im get spart BUT the pressed on ape cam gears have spone on the intake cam </3 the ex. gear we welded but didnt do the intake so witch in a nut shell its out of time now