Define "jerry" rigged

magley64

Actually, jerry-rigged (gerry, jeri, jerri, jury(the original) etc) was used to refer to german engineering during WW2.

I had been referring to things as "jerry-rigged" and someone asked me "How does your wife let you say that! Isn't she german?!?" (she is first generation American on her father's side).... I had no idea... so they had to explain. My wife obviously didn't care.

But yes, n*gger rigged, jimmy rig, ghetto rig all originated out of the original "Jury rig" which is supposedly from latin adjutare ("to aid") (looked that up)

PC version of a racial epithet.

not quite. Jerry was a slang term for the Germans during the WWI & WWII eras. The Germans were infamous for capturing and re-engineering enemy weapons for their needs. Jerry rigged had a better ring to it than kraut rigged, and didn't have quite the negative air to it.

A friend of mine was getting a B day cake for her son at Giant Eagle. She sees one with cartoonish monkeys on it and says to the guy behind the counter " I like that one". The guy (black dood) goes off on how offensive the cake is. She just leaves.

WTF???

A friend of mine was getting a B day cake for her son at Giant Eagle. She sees one with cartoonish monkeys on it and says to the guy behind the counter " I like that one". The guy (black dood) goes off on how offensive the cake is. She just leaves.

WTF???

some people claim to be offended by schitt just to make a scene, and create drama...

some people claim to be offended by schitt just to make a scene, and create drama...

I'm offended by the excessive display of CBRs

i hope that thing is on stands bc the wheels are not even touching the ground

it's the new 2050 Porsche hovercraft, it's all over their website.