Just rode this...

RSVDon

ducati-1098-front-right-1.jpg

Oh my fucking god!!!

I know my Ape is over 10 years old but wow, this bike is just on a different planet. The steering was telepathic, the power was so linear and just kept building, and god damn does it accelerate. The biggest shock was when I just rolled into 3rd gear and found myself at 106 mph, and it didn't even feel like it!

I want.... :bow:

Alas, :broke::(

It's so light and so effortless to do everything. My Mille requires thought and force to get it to do things, the Duc just went. Smooth shifting, great clutch, featherweight steering.

I hate to sound like just another Ducati fanboy but man, that really changed my outlook on that bike.

Met a guy at a bike night, got to BS'ing, he said it was for sale and offered my roommate and I a ride. He had full insurance and so do we so we took him up on the offer. Roomie went out and we talked about it when he got back. I asked to sit on the bike and he told me to take it out. Risky? Maybe. Worth it? Yes! Met some nice guys up here, obviously, but the sportbike scene is basically dead unless you're in Detroit.

Edited by RSVDon

Met a guy at a bike night, got to BS'ing, he said it was for sale and offered my roommate and I a ride. He had full insurance and so do we so we took him up on the offer. Roomie went out and we talked about it when he got back. I asked to sit on the bike and he told me to take it out. Risky? Maybe. Worth it? Yes! Met some nice guys up here, obviously, but the sportbike scene is basically dead unless you're in Detroit.

You mean in Kettering right? Because i see nothing but sportbikes....and people in Detroit can't afford much of anything right now. Let alone a Duc.

Bike looks awesome btw, how much did he want for it?

You mean in Kettering right? Because i see nothing but sportbikes....and people in Detroit can't afford much of anything right now. Let alone a Duc.

Bike looks awesome btw, how much did he want for it?

Actually it was in Flint, MI where i'm at for college. Guy just bought a brand new Audi TT S and the Duc and then lost his job so he's trying to sell the Duc. He wanted 12,500 for it with 2200 miles.

Actually it was in Flint, MI where i'm at for college. Guy just bought a brand new Audi TT S and the Duc and then lost his job so he's trying to sell the Duc. He wanted 12,500 for it with 2200 miles.

Are you in Flint for the summer? I was thinking about heading to MI this weekend. My fam is in Detroit, Grand Blanc and Saginaw.