Don't Touch that wire.

MattKatz

You had ample time to know what was coming....If you choose not to click it off knowing the guy was going to grab the power line.....I am sorry.

I didnt feel it needed a NWS title as I see the same or worse stuff on the local nightly news.

And anyway...who said he was dead?

I think hes just gonna be really thirsty.

:lol: Sorry, we didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I just assumed that the perpetual smoking of his torso as well as the slow burning flame front over what used to be his clothes kind of gave it away.

Unless you're an EMT with the biggest case of denial in the world, I'd say he's basically flatlined. And don't bother getting the defib paddles - talk about beating a dead horse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_locomotive#India

It kind of looks like India... so basing a lot of assumptions here. India, AC - we're talking about a 25kV line. For ease of math purposes the Human body can be modeled as a 3.3kOhm resistor (of course this depends on body type, current path, moisture content, etc etc etc). So, if I = V/R

I = 25000/3300 = 7.5A, or about 75 times the lethal shock value of 100mA @ 60Hz.

It kind of looks like India... so basing a lot of assumptions here. India, AC - we're talking about a 25kV line. For ease of math purposes the Human body can be modeled as a 3.3kOhm resistor (of course this depends on body type, current path, moisture content, etc etc etc). So, if I = V/R

I = 25000/3300 = 7.5A, or about 75 times the lethal shock value of 100mA @ 60Hz.

dang it JRMMiii, there I am on the same dang wiki page, quoting the same dang thing... and I see you done it already...

Actually' date=' I'll most likely remember this video tomorrow and laugh my ass off for a few minutes. It was good stuff. I am a good person and Captain Crispy can't change that. Even if he wasn't dead.[/quote']

yeah, i guess i don't get it. I mean, i'm not claiming that people who laugh at this aren't good people, just that i really really don't get it. Are you able to laugh at them because you don't know them? or bc he was doing something stupid? I just see that and think wow, he has a family and probably friends. Maybe i'm just up too late and being cranky, but i don't see how its funny. care to explain?

^ I find that to be a little funny. dork.

dang it JRMMiii, there I am on the same dang wiki page, quoting the same dang thing... and I see you done it already...

well in that case, you can join jrmm in the dork category :D

yeah, i guess i don't get it. I mean, i'm not claiming that people who laugh at this aren't good people, just that i really really don't get it. Are you able to laugh at them because you don't know them? or bc he was doing something stupid? I just see that and think wow, he has a family and probably friends. Maybe i'm just up too late and being cranky, but i don't see how its funny. care to explain?

^ I find that to be a little funny. dork.

It's because it wasn't you dying. We all know that life can end in an instant and when we see it happen to others we can either joke or be upset about it. I don't think anyone here would say that it was funny that he did die, but seeing as he did die what are you going to do? Joking about it is a coping mechanism.

I guess I have a sick sense of humor. I thought the whole video was funny

I just found the whole thing funny. Like it or lump it. You aren't the first person to think I'm an asshole. Probably not the last' date=' either. I'm ok with that. ;)[/quote']

Well...that about sums it up for me as well.