how silly can home owner assoc. get

krzwhtman

Pride or Sales Pitch?

The explosive reaction to the Home Owner Association's attack on 58 year old disabled War Veteran, Frank Larison, can be likened to "Operation Rolling Thunder". (the carpet bombing campaign of North Vietnam starting in 1965... ending in '68) Larison says he spent 13 months in Vietnam and 14 years total service... while the comparison might be a stretch... the emotions of viewers are nevertheless real, raw and inflamed!

As I began to gather the facts of the story, I quickly found out that not only did neighbors NOT have a problem with Larison's "stickers" (you can decide later if they are advertisements or displays of patriotism) two HOA board members I spoke with said they had no idea there was even an issue... let alone a letter threatening to tow or fine if not the decals were not covered or removed. Interestingly enough I noticed both board members appeared to be in violation of the same By-Laws.

Quote from the letter: "A vehicle with painted or decal advertising of any kind is not permitted on the property at any time."

One board member had a "Find a Cure" decal on his SUV, the other had a decal of a Fleur de Li.

This gets back to the question of just what is advertising? And what is free speech, not to mention troop support and patriotism? I also pointed out in the story that virtually every car in the parking lot had an "advisement sticker" on it, naming the dealership in which they bought their vehicles. Those are clearly advertisements.

Having been a part of an HOA, there are reasons for community rules... but there should also be reasoning applied when interpreting them.

In fairness, I have not been able to reach the HOA president. Board members tell me she is on vacation and they don't know how to reach her. The management company, Alternative Management refused to comment directing me to the HOA president. There are two sides to every story. I have yet to hear hers, but in this case it seems... it's kind of like the decals; one side is sticky... the other a proud display.

By the way just spoke to a law firm who is planning on representing Larison for free. They meet tomorrow. Stay tuned!

James Rose

Vet Overwhelmed by Exposure of HOA Fight

A lot of Home Owners Assn are just screwed up.

Here's a bit more on this.

On a lighter note Homeless Man Plays with Poop on Valley Lightrail

Edited by RC51 John

If that is advertising, then the bowtie logo afixed to his tailgate it, as is each dealership sticker on every single car in that lot. The prez of the HOA is probably some pigeon chested former squid who was given the 'what-for' by a jarhead back in the day and this is his cowardly way of exacting revenge. What a dickfuck.

If that is advertising, then the bowtie logo afixed to his tailgate it, as is each dealership sticker on every single car in that lot. The prez of the HOA is probably some pigeon chested former squid who was given the 'what-for' by a jarhead back in the day and this is his cowardly way of exacting revenge. What a dickfuck.

OMG, no you didn't just go there.

Would and Air Force reference make you feel any better?

An Air Force or Army reference it would have.

Truthfully I don't know many squids that didn't hold the USMC in high regard.

Sure we thought your were a bunch of dicks, but that's a different matter. :D