To the police officers on the site

jessecwalters

I was just driving down the high when I saw a Police Officer, with all his lights off (headlights etc) outside his car doing Radar. I was just wondering if thats allowed. Because thats bullshit, Id be pissed if i got a ticket with him doing that. Or if anyone else has info on this post it. And i didnt really look to see if its a repost, so if it is, sorry.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio is a non-concealment state... but that just means the cop can't be COMPLETELY concealed (from essentially any angle)...

It's crappy... they are taking advantage of loopholes but an officer may have a better idea...

The township I live in contracts through Ohio Sheriff, if you want me to ask a trustee about Ohio law I'd be happy to shoot him an email

They always have an out.. Same goes for the damn MC Patrol thats been hiding behind the bridge barrier walls with their bikes completely hidden and nothing showing but their heads over the wall.. I was an MP until 3 months ago.. They will win that argument, even though Ohio has a law against it.. Same goes for unmarked cars in Ohio..

they knowthat most people wont show up in court over a traffic speeding ticket. why?, most dont want to waste a days wages and time. most people just send the monies in the envelope like me. but again its hard to fight cause you were breaking the law by speeding.

Yah, to most people's point this is a much bigger proble...

So even if we are given rights or protections officials WILL get away with bypassing them...

As private citizens there is almost nothing we could ever do but complain and hope SOMEONE listens. Where I live we contract... so one option is too complain to the trustes and hope it influences their decision to extend our contract

they knowthat most people wont show up in court over a traffic speeding ticket. why?, most dont want to waste a days wages and time. most people just send the monies in the envelope like me. but again its hard to fight cause you were breaking the law by speeding.

Yea, plus when you go to court to fight it, you have to pay court fees too, so if you lose, your out even more.

Actually, there is no law requiring a police officer to have his lights on when doing traffic interdiction. It is a common misconception that the police have to have their lights on. It was started many years ago.....just like cops and donuts or you can't be in bare feet while driving. Our officers routinely do stationary patrol with the lights off. It happens quite a bit more than you realize. If you are obeying the speed limits then there should be no problem.

We are not permitted to conceal the cruiser, but we do not have to have on running lights or headlights.

Wheezle, It actually isn't considered entrapment. Entrapment would be if an officer enticed you into speeding then busted you for it.

Ohio law is currently being ve-vamped to permit "No-show" police cruisers like some of the other states. When this is done.....and it looks like it will pass.....be careful. Any car you pass could be a cruiser.

I normally give other bikers a break unless they are doing some serious speeding. At night and high speeds is extremely dangerous. This will normally get a cite from me. I prefer to impart some wisdom rather than paper.

Ride safe!!

Honestly, if you're committing a crime, who cares how they catch you? I'm not saying I don't speed, but if I get a ticket because I didn't see the cop I'm not going to bitch about. I mean, that's what they're there for.

Before I was an MP i had to go to court over a wreckless opp ticket. I was at an intersection and my buddy had a mustang in front of mine stopped at the stop sign. there was a cop about 5 blocks back behind us.. my buddy does a burn out all the way across the interesection. i do everything correct. get pulled over 3 blocks later bc i have the shiney roush mustang. in court the officer stated he was sitting at the intersection perpindicular from me when i did a burn out right in fron of him. i even brought my buddy to court that actually did the burn out and i ended up in content of court because i got mad that he blatently lied! thats how i think of city cops

keeping your vision as far down the road as possible is a great exercise... it helps you look for cops, look for brake lights, and friendly high beam warning flashes. it comes in handy for riding the bike around twisties, too. too bad i am fail at both... sad face

its allowed, happens everywhere up here..even better the will have a 2 man setup where one radars, other goes and chases you down..repeat.repeat.repeat

it is not allowed! I am a police officer an you must have AT LEAST your parking lights on. That goes for Ohio, KY, and IN.

If i (or someone else) is doing something seriously wrong, then yea it shouldnt matter how they get caught, but if you going slightly over the speed limit, they shouldnt try to hide and catch you. Theyre radars or what not catch you before you see them anyway (usually)

Just in case everyone is Not aware of this.

The police work for US. our tax dollars pay their salary.

They are hired to serve and protect the people.

But have you noticed instead of serving and protecting,

the system is being more and more designed to prey on the public.

New laws are designed, not for our safety, but to figure out ways for government to increase their revenue from us.

And the police departments want to give us tickets for any shit they can to increase their department revenue, its bullshit.

How do you feel knowing the police departments primary objective now is to prey on the public and issue tickets to increase their deparments revenue, and this seems to be pretty much the standard across the board now days.