To the police officers on the site

jessecwalters

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case everyone is Not aware of this.

The police work for US. our tax dollars pay their salary.

They are hired to serve and protect the people.

But have you noticed instead of serving and protecting,

the system is being more and more designed to prey on the public.

New laws are designed, not for our safety, but to figure out ways for government to increase their revenue from us.

And the police departments want to give us tickets for any shit they can to increase their department revenue, its bullshit.

+1 I was thinking that, just couldnt figure out how to get it out. But thats pretty much what it is IMO

R1_MP. Would you please show me the ORC section that states this? I've been an officer in Ohio for the past 15 years. This would be a new one for me. As I am also the FTO at my department, having taken additional training to teach new officers, I would be interested in where you heard that this was law?

It may be YOUR department's policy, but it's not law. I've been at departments that require lights on, but have not in 15 years been shown a law that states this. My current department does not require lights on. I figure that if we were violating law the court magistrate would have corrected it by now. Hundreds if not thousands of cites have been written to date with no sign of indiscretion. And yes, it has been brought up in court on more than one occasion. They ended up paying the fine and court costs.

Just in case everyone is Not aware of this.

The police work for US. our tax dollars pay their salary.

They are hired to serve and protect the people.

But have you noticed instead of serving and protecting,

the system is being more and more designed to prey on the public.

New laws are designed, not for our safety, but to figure out ways for government to increase their revenue from us.

And the police departments want to give us tickets for any shit they can to increase their department revenue, its bullshit.

where was the link to that one michigan (i think) former chief saying that speeding tickets are essentially a "random driving tax" since it's a law that 98% of the population breaks.

found it

http://www.ridelust.com/michigan-police-chiefs-admit-speeding-tickets-are-about-money/

Like I said earlier.. even though it's an ORC that they either have to have parking lights on or headlights, they win in court, and department gets there money, plus court costs now.. Might as well not even get your blood pressure up over it. At least we don't live an a state that allows unmarked patrols! My Sgt got a ticket in our Government vehicle, while we were on official government business and late for an apt that the government set for us to make even though it was impossible to get there on time going the speed limit, by an unmarked Camaro SS in Ky! He went to court and that county in Ky said F u, pay me!

I got entrapment before, but didn't fall for it.

Year = 2000

Car = 1998 Mustang GT

Place = US35 bypass around Xenia,OH

It was around 11:15pm just got off of work. I was doing 70mph in a 65. 2 sherrifs come up on me. 1 gets beside me and lunges his car fwd and back hitting the gas pedal trying to get me to race him. I ignored him and then he pulled in front of me and him and the OTHER sheriff lined them up at 70mph and then took off racing eacother and disappeared. They had to be hitting atleast 140-150 fucking around. I couldn't believe my eyes!

i hope they dont pass the no show not visible cars. thats not even fair, as i look at it as a game. yes i understand its the law but we all break it

That's what freeway and highway patrol do in both Georgia and Pennsylvania. You could be pulled over by an unmarked firebird, mustang, semi, van, etc. It's impossible to deal with, you just don't know who is who.

@ousley99 - during my route in Gahanna a few days ago, i was off Agler/Stygler and there was an unmarked Charger with lights flashing and a guy pulled over by the school over there (forget which one), but it was a plain gray car with the flashers in the headlights/taillights so i'm not sure how anyone thinks they're not allowed. officer was out talking to the guy in the vehicle.

That's what freeway and highway patrol do in both Georgia and Pennsylvania. You could be pulled over by an unmarked firebird, mustang, semi, van, etc. It's impossible to deal with, you just don't know who is who.

so no more fly bys at triple digits :(

@ousley99 - during my route in Gahanna a few days ago, i was off Agler/Stygler and there was an unmarked Charger with lights flashing and a guy pulled over by the school over there (forget which one), but it was a plain gray car with the flashers in the headlights/taillights so i'm not sure how anyone thinks they're not allowed. officer was out talking to the guy in the vehicle.

sure he didnt have a small light on the top

wow i didnt know big brother pays them..so why are they so gung ho to catch people breaking the law..its revenue for that city or village correct?

Operation circle 270 over Memorial day weekend! Every Dept w jurisdiction on 270 helped and they split the revenue.. happens all the time.

Just wait until august. if the levy fails then depts will rely almost soley on tickets and speed traps will become an everyday thing

its allowed, happens everywhere up here..even better the will have a 2 man setup where one radars, other goes and chases you down..repeat.repeat.repeat

It is allowed but varies by city. STATE Troopers are NOT allowed to do this, I belive they must always have at least their parking lights on at all times.

R1_MP. Would you please show me the ORC section that states this? I've been an officer in Ohio for the past 15 years. This would be a new one for me. As I am also the FTO at my department, having taken additional training to teach new officers, I would be interested in where you heard that this was law?

It may be YOUR department's policy, but it's not law. I've been at departments that require lights on, but have not in 15 years been shown a law that states this. My current department does not require lights on. I figure that if we were violating law the court magistrate would have corrected it by now. Hundreds if not thousands of cites have been written to date with no sign of indiscretion. And yes, it has been brought up in court on more than one occasion. They ended up paying the fine and court costs.

Kind of off topic but I do have a question.

In all honesty. If you will be so kind. ;)

Do you or your fellow officers frequent internet websites, like this one here, to find route plans to mark and patrol the route and pull over riders you are convinced will be there and speeding?

I know it's the web and a honest answer is doubtful. Anyways what you got?

I can see going to some stunter forums to stalk them. Due to the fact that many of the times they are putting many people in danger by doing stunts in traffic in order to be scene and get attention. But not a forum like this. Call me crazy but I think you all should have better shit to do. Like pull over drunks that go to the same bar everyday and drive home drunk everyday without a care in the world.

:confused:

4549.13 Marking and equipment for motor vehicle used by traffic enforcement officers.

Any motor vehicle used by a member of the state highway patrol or by any other peace officer, while said officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing the motor vehicle or traffic laws of this state, provided the offense is punishable as a misdemeanor, shall be marked in some distinctive manner or color and shall be equipped with, but need not necessarily have in operation at all times, at least one flashing, oscillating, or rotating colored light mounted outside on top of the vehicle. The superintendent of the state highway patrol shall specify what constitutes such a distinctive marking or color for the state highway patrol.

Effective Date: 10-25-1979

Key words: "exclusive or main purpose" is to enforce motor vehicle or traffic laws. This is the only law that relates to traffic enforcement in Ohio. Use of lights is a safety measure to keep officers from being hit, not to mention a long standing tradition. At my agency we have a policy that requires us to have some type of lights on, its in place for OUR SAFETY.

Honestly, if you're committing a crime, who cares how they catch you? I'm not saying I don't speed, but if I get a ticket because I didn't see the cop I'm not going to bitch about. I mean, that's what they're there for.

I tried to rep you..but I gotta spread it like mustard.